The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy pre-registration applications (Pharmalife) 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by takingaselfie
How long do hospitals usually take to get back to us?

It depends, I had my basildon interview on the 11th September, and they rejected me on teh same day. My barts interview was on the 12th and they let me know on the 16th. I think they wait till they interview all the candidates before making offers. So if you are an early candidate, you might have to wait longer.Hope that helps!
Original post by kashim91
It depends, I had my basildon interview on the 11th September, and they rejected me on teh same day. My barts interview was on the 12th and they let me know on the 16th. I think they wait till they interview all the candidates before making offers. So if you are an early candidate, you might have to wait longer.Hope that helps!

Yeahhhh I suppose. So I'm guessing you were one of the last people to be interviewed for Basildon?

Got no offers yet, still waiting......
Yeahhhh I suppose. So I'm guessing you were one of the last people to be interviewed for Basildon?

Got no offers yet, still waiting......

Yh basildon only had two days of interviews and I was on the second day. Barts had more than 200 applicants and 50 people got interviewed, with each interview taking an hour. Where did you apply? Don't worry, be patient, as some hospital decide to interview later
Original post by TheAbyss
Thats weird, my barts interview was on the 10th and im still waiting to hear back :s-smilie:. Did they call you or update pharmalife?

They called me and left a voicemail. They also emailed me, and pharmalife updated too. Don't worry, I asked at the end of my interview when i'll be hearing from them. He said towards the end of this week, so i was surprised that it was yesterday, So keep your fingers crossed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah thanks :smile:. yeah I know someone who got offered a place this afternoon. Just gonna have to wait and see what happens AND refrain from checking my emails every 10 seconds

Just find something to do to keep you busy. I was on the way to eat out with some friends when i found out.
Reply 185
Northwest London

Give counselling points on amiodarone.
Look at the drug chart and find any issues- so look up warfarin, amiodarone, simvastatin, antibiotics, paracetamol and antiarrhythmic drugs.
Calculation was too simple.
One scenario as well.

All the best
Reply 186
Original post by Pharma31
Hi,
Thanks for the information. Have you done the interview? Counselling-can you remember which drugs? And was the calculation question hard or was it a basic one? And interactions. There's so many ������ do you remember which at all??cheers

ps- is this the northwest london interview or north west region one! Lol

Northwest London

Give counselling points on amiodarone.
Look at the drug chart and find any issues- so look up warfarin, amiodarone, simvastatin, antibiotics, paracetamol and antiarrhythmic drugs.
Calculation was too simple.
One scenario as well.

All the best
Reply 187
Anybody heard anything from Kings?
Original post by TTTA

I have, they call you so don't worry. It's all in their safe hands and no news is good news right??
Original post by LoroPiana
I have, they call you so don't worry. It's all in their safe hands and no news is good news right??

What was the outcome if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by INeedToRevise
What was the outcome if you dont mind me asking?

A positive outcome, only I have 72 h to make a decision which bears some weight right now not knowing how to handle multiple offers.
A positive outcome, only I have 72 h to make a decision which bears some weight right now not knowing how to handle multiple offers.

Well done! I haven't heard back from Kings Health Partners so I'm assuming that it's bad news because surely all the offers come out first.
Are you planning on taking up the offer if you don't mind me asking?

I have been put on the reserve list for Addenbrookes', not sure how I feel about that.
Reply 192

Thanks, there's some guidance on pharmalife about dealing with multiple offers (never mind if you have seen it already)

What hospitals are you considering accepting/declining?
Original post by TTTA

When was your KHP interview? I haven't heard back ):
Reply 194
When was your KHP interview? I haven't heard back ):

16th, you?
Original post by TTTA
16th, you?

Also on the 16th. People are hearing back so I'm getting a bit fidgety now.......
Reply 196
Also on the 16th. People are hearing back so I'm getting a bit fidgety now.......

I'm just trying to maintain hope and not think about it too much (which is almost impossible lol).

No news is good news...this is what I am relying on lool
Original post by kashim91
They called me and left a voicemail. They also emailed me, and pharmalife updated too. Don't worry, I asked at the end of my interview when i'll be hearing from them. He said towards the end of this week, so i was surprised that it was yesterday, So keep your fingers crossed.

Just wondering where did you have your interview? Whipps cross or royal london?
Thats weird, my barts interview was on the 10th and im still waiting to hear back :s-smilie:. Did they call you or update pharmalife?

Did you have your interview at royal london or whipps cross?
Original post by Pharma11
Just wondering where did you have your interview? Whipps cross or royal london?

Royal london

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending