The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
True true.

Could you not work out a way to be friends? You must have both at least liked each other (not necessarily fancied) to have exchanged numbers and started communicating.

Not often in my case. If someone asks for my number I can't usually say no so I often give it out to people I have no interest in even being friends with.
Reply 61
Confusing, eh? I know a girl who will message me with just a standard "hey, how are you" sort of thing but then ignore my reply. Makes no sense to me. I can't really be bothered playing silly games like that, so I'm just not going to bother replying anymore. I don't know if it's malicious or accidental, but if someone regularly doesn't remember that you exist at least once a week then there's not really any point in being friends with them.
Reply 62
Original post by xDave-
Confusing, eh? I know a girl who will message me with just a standard "hey, how are you" sort of thing but then ignore my reply. Makes no sense to me. I can't really be bothered playing silly games like that, so I'm just not going to bother replying anymore. I don't know if it's malicious or accidental, but if someone regularly doesn't remember that you exist at least once a week then there's not really any point in being friends with them.

Yeah I agree with this. I don't understand these mind games! Unless someone is too busy to text back and is forced to reply later (which is perfectly fine) why would you not reply to someone? It's like saying hi and then ignoring someone ...plain rude!
Original post by xDave-

AGREED.

It's rude not to reply at all. If a girl does this to a nice guy, they are just using them, are just a tease, or just a bad person full stop.

No one ignores and never replies.

Does it take much effort or time to respond to a simple how are you text? If your friends never reply, unless there is a genuine excuse like family loss or out of the country, they are not your friends. True friends are always there for you, not only when you are in the limelight of success.
So I met this girl at Uni I liked we had some mutual friends saw each other about once a month or on nights out, I never flirted with her but she was really friendly and I suggested we meet up over the summer to which she said yep sounds good .

Then when I texted her she just ignored me ? I sent her a message on facebook about 4 weeks later just general stuff how are your holidays and she ignored that too. It just feels rude, fair enough if you dont want to hang out with someone but at least have the decency to reply !

Why the sudden change in attitude from being super friendly laughing at all my jokes and waving at me even if we were at opposite ends of the street to pretending I dont exist :s

Well...basically, mate, let's put it like this then:

First and foremost (very important lol): was she drinking when she said "yea sounds good." What kinda environment was it? Because a lot of times if not all the time, when people are in a loud, social place (party, club...) they just wanna have a good time and will agree to anything. They don't wanna especially girls, turn a guy down who's all in her face because it could turn sour if he feels snubbed. Also, women soak up attention and flattery, especially in a party vibe. Lastly, you seemed too keen, mate. She was like "who is this guy? Ooooh the one I said "yea" too :s-smilie:" And so like...she feels most likely "awks" about getting back to you. You hit the nail on the head, kid, she has no decency :indiff: Move on. Send her a hateful text with all caps and be on your merry. Plenty more mermaids in the sea lol
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Well...basically, mate, let's put it like this then:

First and foremost (very important lol): was she drinking when she said "yea sounds good." What kinda environment was it? Because a lot of times if not all the time, when people are in a loud, social place (party, club...) they just wanna have a good time and will agree to anything. They don't wanna especially girls, turn a guy down who's all in her face because it could turn sour if he feels snubbed. Also, women soak up attention and flattery, especially in a party vibe. Lastly, you seemed too keen, mate. She was like "who is this guy? Ooooh the one I said "yea" too :s-smilie:" And so like...she feels most likely "awks" about getting back to you. You hit the nail on the head, kid, she has no decency :indiff: Move on. Send her a hateful text with all caps and be on your merry. Plenty more mermaids in the sea lol

Agreed. If a girl just plain ignores, pass her number on to a nuisance call agency/website and move on. You deserve better!
Ikr
Nah she definitely got the message. She choose to completely ignore me.

Its annoying though, spending ages getting to know someone then just getting now where. I think she has a boyfriend but still thats no excuse to not reply to a how are u?

Yeah in that case she either is nervous like you OR is really really rude. If the latter she's not worth it. Be the better person and don't bother with her. Delete the number then.

Original post by kate113855
Girls do reply...
But if you're not interested in someone/interested in having them as a friend I don't see why you'd keep the conversation going tbh. If she said "I don't want to talk to you anymore" OP would think that was impolite as well so you can't win really. Ignore and be impolite or end contact and be impolite.

Maybe she's busy, but who is too busy to not even reply to a hi, how are you? And if they don't want to be friends, why give them the number?!!!

If you are going to meet her in person see if she is nice to you. If she is, but still persists to ignore texts, she is not a good person. Stay clear and delete the number. She might be trying to keep you as a backup.

Latest

Trending

Trending