The Student Room Group

why do people hate you if you are LGBT and welsh

Like is this the reason why everyone hates me? I feel like the little Britain character and the only gay in the village sometimes. No one wants to be my friend and also I am a bit chubby so would you want to be friends with a person with all three of these characteristics?

How am I going to make friends in uni? They will take one look at me and think 'he's a ****'

:angry:
Reply 1
If you like bacon, that's good enough for me.
Nobody actually hates the Welsh. It is their hilarious accents and funny language. But in general the Welsh are a pretty decent bunch.
Reply 3
I just can't stand the accents, sorry.
Reply 4
Original post by Clip
If you like bacon, that's good enough for me.

You can be my best friend and if you are a man we can eat bacon off each other dressed in spandex
Original post by tarmaclover
Like is this the reason why everyone hates me? I feel like the little Britain character and the only gay in the village sometimes. No one wants to be my friend and also I am a bit chubby so would you want to be friends with a person with all three of these characteristics?

How am I going to make friends in uni? They will take one look at me and think 'he's a ****'

I'm Welsh! We can be welsh friends:tongue:
Reply 6
You can be my best friend and if you are a man we can eat bacon off each other dressed in spandex

That's so kind, although I do prefer bacon sandwiches or bacon waffles - and I'm not gay.

If you're going to university in London, you should be able to find some mates quite easily.
Tarmaclover, I commented on your last thread regarding your parents dropping you off at uni - no one will hate you for being either Welsh or LGBT. London is the most cosmopolitan city imaginable, teeming with people who are INDIVIDUALS. And London is very LGBT friendly.

The most important thing is that YOU make the effort to show people that you are not a stereotype, either in your nationality or your sexual orientation. Being Welsh or gay does not define who YOU are.

Take a deep breath, open your mouth and TALK to people. Show genuine interest in whatever you or they are talking about. Don't try to 'make friends', try to get on with people and show them who you are and friendships will follow.

Good luck in your new life!
Reply 8
I'm LGBT and Welsh and lived in London for several years, never had a problem. People loved me because I was Welsh and accepted me being gay. I haven't even once had the Dafydd joke!
I think it's probably just the Welsh bit to be honest.
You're Welsh and gay? :nyan:

Be my BFF! :biggrin:

Lol not everyone hates guys like you. Your personality is more important anyway. :gthumb: You'll make friends, give it time. :hugs:

I'm a pansexual transsexual from the North East (of England), try work out how I feel. :lol:

Who cares about nationality and sexuality anyway, it shouldn't be that important anyway. :nah:
I live in Wales and know plenty of LGBT people and they are some of the most likeable people you'll meet. It's not who you are or where you're from, people will like you unless you're an arrogant idiot.

Maybe
People will love you, they can't help but love our bouncy accent paha, are you from South? I'm Swansea valleys :biggrin:
Original post by DeceitfulDove
People will love you, they can't help but love our bouncy accent paha, are you from South? I'm Swansea valleys :biggrin:

Gah, disgusting cwtching is disgusting whether it's gay or straight!
Original post by Friar Chris
Gah, disgusting cwtching is disgusting whether it's gay or straight!

Still in denial, I see :cool:
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Still in denial, I see :cool:

This heresy has gone on long enough :afraid:
Original post by Gales
I'm LGBT and Welsh and lived in London for several years, never had a problem. People loved me because I was Welsh and accepted me being gay. I haven't even once had the Dafydd joke!

"Gales" :rofl3::cry:
Reply 18
Original post by white boy
"Gales" :rofl3::cry:

What about it? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest