The Student Room Group

EPQ

I need help on picking an EPQ topic related to cardiology pls help!!
Reply 1
Why cardiology?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Why cardiology?

I want to study cardio physiology in uni but I don’t mind any ideas related to biology tbh I don’t necessarily have to do something with cardio
Reply 3
Original post by Mimi_098765
I need help on picking an EPQ topic related to cardiology pls help!!

Gosh. Could go in any direction.

Something that might be useful is to think about the marking scheme. How much focus will be on statistical analysis and presentation? For Welsh Bacc investigation project (welsh equivalent) which is the only thing I can comment on you need granular data which is open to analysis and good sources of secondary, and importantly primary data (so stuff you have collected yourself).

The last bit trips people up a lot because they decide ona project they like and then really struggle to get a good / variable / comparable survey evidence.

A tried and tested approach is therefore to do something where a load of teenager / young people are your survey demographic. So doesnt have to be a thing that is specific to teenagers but could be something that teenagers or young people might have a specific viewpoint on. Perhaps one that you can compare with a group of older people if you can draw them together.

I dont know whether the EPQ works in the same way, but if so think about the data collection component and howneasy it will be at the outset.

Something that I have been seeing increasing interest in is digital health and remote monitoring. Got a boost during covid and there may be an older /young person tech issue. Remote monitoring of cardiac issues. Fitbit heart monitors. Diabetes management opportunitites.

Lots in the digital health space all around.

Of course EPQs may have a different structure and aims entirely but know what they are and what you have to do and think backwards would be my advice.
Reply 4
Original post by GGIN
Gosh. Could go in any direction.

Something that might be useful is to think about the marking scheme. How much focus will be on statistical analysis and presentation? For Welsh Bacc investigation project (welsh equivalent) which is the only thing I can comment on you need granular data which is open to analysis and good sources of secondary, and importantly primary data (so stuff you have collected yourself).

The last bit trips people up a lot because they decide ona project they like and then really struggle to get a good / variable / comparable survey evidence.

A tried and tested approach is therefore to do something where a load of teenager / young people are your survey demographic. So doesnt have to be a thing that is specific to teenagers but could be something that teenagers or young people might have a specific viewpoint on. Perhaps one that you can compare with a group of older people if you can draw them together.

I dont know whether the EPQ works in the same way, but if so think about the data collection component and howneasy it will be at the outset.

Something that I have been seeing increasing interest in is digital health and remote monitoring. Got a boost during covid and there may be an older /young person tech issue. Remote monitoring of cardiac issues. Fitbit heart monitors. Diabetes management opportunitites.

Lots in the digital health space all around.

Of course EPQs may have a different structure and aims entirely but know what they are and what you have to do and think backwards would be my advice.

Thanks for the advice I’ll definitely consider this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending