The Student Room Group

Is it worth remarking Maths and Biology for one more ums?

Hi, for both AS Level Maths and Biology I was one ums off the next grade. I heard how for subjects like maths and biology it's quite strict anyway, however it's only the matter of one more mark. Is it worth remarking Maths and Biology for one more ums?
Thanks
If you were 1 UMS off then it's worth it, definitely.
Reply 2
Original post by Mike.Ross
If you were 1 UMS off then it's worth it, definitely.

Even for maths? Would you recommend that I remark two units or just one unit to be safe? For biology, I got decent in one module, and really bad in the other (I found the test hard for that module to be honest)..
And for maths my marks were quite close to each other (2/3 marks difference between the two modules but one ums in total off the next grade!), so I'm unsure of which ones to mark??
It'd make sense to re-mark both of those maths units which have similar marks.
If you feel you did better in one unit than the other then remark just the one to stay on the safe side.

The risk with re-marking is that you could lose some marks - unlikely that you would come down a grade - as you're 1 UMS off the next for both of the units.

So for biology, you got a decent grade in one module but not the other. So since, you're 1 UMS off overall from the next grade you could re-mark the one which you didn't do too well in. But like you said, you found it hard, so it maybe that the remarks won't change anything or worse decrease the marks.

It's for you to weigh up.
I think it's worth it, especially, since you're 1 UMS off the next grade up. :smile:
Maths remarks don't change often. Even English, which I teach and which has much more subjectivity involved, changes very rarely these days. The remarks we have had back this year have seen two grade changes out of about 30 papers. The marks near boundaries are the ones which are most scrutinised anyway. All you have to lose is money and maybe a few marks if things go badly. I suspect you will gain nothing, though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending