The Student Room Group

remark in a level biology??

I've just got my results in biology a level (ocr) today, and looked at the grade boundaries. I'm one mark off an A* - should I bother trying for a remark? Biology is sort of waffly but not exactly english lit...
Original post by rutsaw
I've just got my results in biology a level (ocr) today, and looked at the grade boundaries. I'm one mark off an A* - should I bother trying for a remark? Biology is sort of waffly but not exactly english lit...

Well done on your A! If you either needed an A* or are really bothered by it, then yes...Otherwise, not really :redface:
Original post by rutsaw

For one mark, I think it's worth a try. Are you school willing to pay?
Is this bragging rights or do you need it?
Need it, yes. Bragging rights, somewhere further down the line but not urgent.
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
For one mark, I think it's worth a try. Are you school willing to pay?

I don't know if they'll pay - might contact them to see
Original post by Labrador99
Well done on your A! If you either needed an A* or are really bothered by it, then yes...Otherwise, not really :redface:i
Reply 5
Original post by Scienceisgood
Is this bragging rights or do you need it?
Need it, yes. Bragging rights, somewhere further down the line but not urgent.

bragging rights haha.. needed an A so go into bath uni
Original post by rutsaw
I don't know if they'll pay - might contact them to see

Worth asking them!
If you're willing to pay then yes! Though bare in mind each paper costs money to be remarked (so if you wanted all papers remarked, you'd have to pay x3), so you need to decide how many of the 3 you want remarked and which ones you think you're most likely to get an extra mark in. Remarks are not cheap!

Definitely worth the remark though if you are willing to pay, I got all 3 of my OCR biology papers remarked last year (needed 4 more marks!) and went up 1 mark in one of the papers but down 1 mark in one of the others haha!
I'd go for it frankly. Being one mark off would annoy the heck out of me. Waiting for the breakdown of my biology marks, will probably get it reviewed.
Reply 9
Original post by rutsaw

Hey did u end up getting the one marks then ?

Quick Reply

Latest