The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Blue4Life
Oh sweet - always nice to find EU peeps (I'm English though tbh) - yeah I'm quite a confident speaker and I've prepared quite well so I hope so. Last year I didn't make the best choices with regards to my application. Hopefully we'll be at the interview together soon haha ! Um well I don't know 100% - I'm a huge chelsea fan so London would be perfect. Where have you applied?

Cambridge (rejected post interview though), imperial interview on the 27th, barts (unknown) and dundee (did my interview and waiting).. last year did you have any interviews and where did u apply? (if u don't want to tell i understand).. and currently i would love to go to imperial but i would be thrilled with any 1 offer.. :biggrin: imagine i might get to actually meet you :tongue:
Original post by YvT1
Cambridge (rejected post interview though), imperial interview on the 27th, barts (unknown) and dundee (did my interview and waiting).. last year did you have any interviews and where did u apply? (if u don't want to tell i understand).. and currently i would love to go to imperial but i would be thrilled with any 1 offer.. :biggrin: imagine i might get to actually meet you :tongue:

You applied to Cambridge and Imperial so you're obvs very clever haha sure the UKCAT just wasn't your best day :biggrin: I'll pm you
Original post by Med_Geek
Aye! Waiting on Barts plus two more unis, had an interview from Keele. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to keele too but heard nothing yet?! Hmm I have an interview from Glasgow that's all so far! Waiting on barts and Southampton.
Also does any one know anyone who's been rejected? I just rang them up in regards to my application an they said they don't know when the next round of interviews will be , she took my ucas id , had a look on the computer and said were still giving out interviews but we don't know when ... Hmm I have a bad bad feeling for barts ...
Original post by SSS_JJJ
Also does any one know anyone who's been rejected? I just rang them up in regards to my application an they said they don't know when the next round of interviews will be , she took my ucas id , had a look on the computer and said were still giving out interviews but we don't know when ... Hmm I have a bad bad feeling for barts ...

There's a whole month and a half yet - people who have interviews currently have them up till around the 28th of Jan...
There's a whole month and a half yet - people who have interviews currently have them up till around the 28th of Jan...

Have u managed to get an interview yet?
Original post by Master219
Have u managed to get an interview yet?

Nope - I've written a few posts above. Gap Year, 762.5 UKCAT, EB has entry requirements but no tariff. I'm happy to wait for the moment!
Nope - I've written a few posts above. Gap Year, 762.5 UKCAT, EB has entry requirements but no tariff. I'm happy to wait for the moment!

Wow... how havnt u got an interview with that ukcat lol...!! If u dont mind me asking, wt r ur other stats? I see ur uni choices r strong, u got all ur interviews other than barts?
Wow... how havnt u got an interview with that ukcat lol...!! If u dont mind me asking, wt r ur other stats? I see ur uni choices r strong, u got all ur interviews other than barts?

It's the European Baccalaureate so I doubt it will help but basically 90% average with 92% in Bio and 93% in Chemistry (no uni asks for more than 85% in any of the 3). Because Barts assess me differently (just on UKCAT) so I reckon I'm going to be done at the end. They started with grads, done gap year students and moving onto Yr 13s now. I've seen the data from 2012 and someone from EB got in with a lower UKCAT score and since thats the only thing assessed for an interview, I'm just waiting patiently :smile: I did yep.
It's the European Baccalaureate so I doubt it will help but basically 90% average with 92% in Bio and 93% in Chemistry (no uni asks for more than 85% in any of the 3). Because Barts assess me differently (just on UKCAT) so I reckon I'm going to be done at the end. They started with grads, done gap year students and moving onto Yr 13s now. I've seen the data from 2012 and someone from EB got in with a lower UKCAT score and since thats the only thing assessed for an interview, I'm just waiting patiently :smile: I did yep.

I see, solid going!! Congrats on ur other interviews!! ...And good luck!!!

(lol as soon as i saw ur username, i knew u loved chelsea haha)
I see, solid going!! Congrats on ur other interviews!! ...And good luck!!!

(lol as soon as i saw ur username, i knew u loved chelsea haha)

Cheers, good luck to you to. Hopefully everyone on here gets on as they're aren't that many of us haha - and yes indeed, hence why Barts would be perfect (season ticket) !!
Cheers, good luck to you to. Hopefully everyone on here gets on as they're aren't that many of us haha - and yes indeed, hence why Barts would be perfect (season ticket) !!

True, haha, but there could be loads who just arent posting anything...
seen.
Original post by YvT1
which are the available days and which one have you chosen if you don't mind..?? and stats?

They only gave me one day and one time. If you want to change you have to call them and ask.

Im a Pediatric Nurse. I have a BSC from King's College in Nursing and an MSC in global health from UCL!
Original post by YvT1
i want the 26th too :// are u from uk? bcs i am not and it would have been quite unfair to impose a fixed date when we could have had a choice..

Yes I am working in the UK :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by GiuliaRinaldi
They only gave me one day and one time. If you want to change you have to call them and ask.

Im a Pediatric Nurse. I have a BSC from King's College in Nursing and an MSC in global health from UCL!

thanks!! gd luck.. :smile:)

Ah I know. Have you got Any interviews at all ? :smile:
Reply 796
Original post by Ambitions
WHAT?!!! That's not low at all- I'm so confused!! :s-smilie: Why should gap year students be given harsher criteria, when they've already ACHIEVED THEIR GRADES and so are less of a gamble? It's easy to be predicted 4A*s, its a lot harder to actually achieve it under stressful exam conditions however! Surely we should get a more lenient criteria, it only makes sense?

I'm confused, ring them up and ask tomorrow!
Ah, I will probably get rejected tomorrow then if not today :frown: good luck with the rest of your application, let me know what they say if you do ring them up!

I think it's that you guys will be considered under the same criteria as other gap year students, and ranked accordingly?
Original post by achuo
I think it's that you guys will be considered under the same criteria as other gap year students, and ranked accordingly?

It can't be like that... I saw the 2012 data (way above) and everyone was ranked in order (all 560 interviewed)
Ooooo right yeah that makes a lot more sense! Woops 😳 I was blinded by my anger haha
Still, gap year applicants shouldn't be differentiated from year 13... They should have same criteria

Latest

Trending

Trending