The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Seems like they're sending the further consideration emails and interview invites based on how early you submitted your application. :smile:
I sent mine 3 hours before the deadline so I guess I have a long wait hahahaha

Congratulations to those with interviews, best of luck!!!
Original post by hpcp
Congrats :smile:
When did you get your further consideration email? And when is your interview for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

30th Sept. And I don't know, haven't booked it yet :tongue: You get a fair few dates to choose from.
Reply 182
Original post by h3isenberg
30th Sept. And I don't know, haven't booked it yet :tongue: You get a fair few dates to choose from.

You got the 2nd email on the same day you sent your UCAS in?
Do they give you about a month?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VeenaPatel
sorry, but if you don't know what UKCAT is then you can't be interested in Medicine in the UK !!:eek:

No I know what it is but Birmingham uni don't do it right? That's all I really wanted to know to be frank.
Reply 184
Original post by h3isenberg

You should book your interview date/time straight away otherwise the only slots left will be the ones people don't want.
Original post by KittyRe-play
No I know what it is but Birmingham uni don't do it right? That's all I really wanted to know to be frank.

Yes that is right. :smile: they may well introduce it next year though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sheriff246
OKAY so i'm going to clear somethings up for people here! The email said your application has been reviewed- hasn't anyone considered that this just means its been reviewed for mitigating situations i.e. health problems, issues concerning fitness and also evidence of work experience. These are things most of us don't have to worry about, we're all likely to receive further consideration emails either now, December or just before march. Its the admissions tutor that actually decides who gets rejected or not. Also I think they are doing this based on who applied first, and going through systematically if any one hasn't heard its likely they are being considered for a later interview session. Birmingham put applicants into 3 groups according to their interview periods. They first shave of the fat- low grades not meeting requirements and then interview the best and borderline candidates first which makes for easier selection. Then they can hold any really good academics that just missed the interview average or any borderline academic profiles with great interviews scores and save them for later. This means that if average drops later on these people may still be selected. so DONT WORRY

So, is there a correlation between when people receive their further consideration email and when they are interviewed?

My UCAS application was sent off on the 14th and I got a further consideration email today, while some people who sent off their applications earlier are still waiting on one.

Original post by VeenaPatel
sorry, but if you don't know what UKCAT is then you can't be interested in Medicine in the UK !!:eek:

That is a total exaggeration given that the person you replied to is in year 12.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tr3sbelle
Yes that is right. :smile: they may well introduce it next year though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I wish they don't.:frown:
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
So, is there a correlation between when people receive their further consideration email and when they are interviewed?

My UCAS application was sent off on the 14th and I got a further consideration email today, while some people who sent off their applications earlier are still waiting on one.

That is a total exaggeration given that the person you replied to is in year 12.

Like I said, I called and they confirmed that best and borderline applicants tend to be interviewed first, people who haven't been given consideration yet may either have been seen and are being held or just haven't quite made the mark. After the first set of interview they have something to compare midranking applications to, and can give a second set of interviews
Original post by sheriff246
Like I said, I called and they confirmed that best and borderline applicants tend to be interviewed first, people who haven't been given consideration yet may either have been seen and are being held or just haven't quite made the mark. After the first set of interview they have something to compare midranking applications to, and can give a second set of interviews

Right.

I guess what I'm asking is whether people who have received their consideration email already are likely to be in the first batch of interviews.
Reply 190
Original post by Liv_97
Got an interview!! Sent mine off on sept
29th

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you get your further consideration email?
Want to try and work out how they are calling people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by alexsushifacey123
omg interview for Birmingham medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did you get your further consideration email? Just trying to work out in which order they are calling people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by hpcp
When did you get your further consideration email?
Want to try and work out how they are calling people

Posted from TSR Mobile

3rd October

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193

cheers :smile:
have you done much prep? got mine on 10th, so don't really know how long it is will be
what time period could you book your interview within?
Reply 194
Original post by hpcp
cheers :smile:
have you done much prep? got mine on 10th, so don't really know how long it is will be
what time period could you book your interview within?

Haven't done anything yet, have been focusing on bmat, wanted to wait till I knew if I had an interview! The dates are the week beginning 17th Nov

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Original post by Liv_97
Haven't done anything yet, have been focusing on bmat, wanted to wait till I knew if I had an interview! The dates are the week beginning 17th Nov

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it from the 17th-21st? I think they give out interviews per week up till december?
Reply 196
Original post by hpcp
Was it from the 17th-21st? I think they give out interviews per week up till december?

I'm not sure, I only looked really briefly, am going to book it tonight so will let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Huge congratulations to those who have received an interview!!!!!! I have only just got an email saything that I am being considered further earlier today
I think there must be some kind of back log. I sent mine on the 14th october and i got an email about further consideration from medical sciences the next day but only got my medicine further consideration today
Hi all, new to the forums here.

I applied to Birmingham as an international (and rather non-traditional student). I was surprised to get an interview invite today as well. Congrats to everyone who got an invite!

For what it's worth, before today I had not heard at all from the uni except for the email that confirmed receipt of my app on 20 Sept. I never got anything like a "further consideration email."

As coming all the way to the UK (from Canada) for an interview would be a big decision for me, I was wondering if there are any Canadian or American students attending Birmingham would be willing to talk with me over PM or skype. Please send me a PM this describes you, I would really really appreciate it. Any info I could get on my chances as a non-UK non-EU applicant, and on what the current situation for North American grads of UK med schools is in terms of residency options would be extremely helpful.

Cheers,

camino

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending