The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Clai
I think I submitted on the 10th October.

Well done for interview
Did you get this email any time this week?

'We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by geebee123
yeah that one

This is weird, well done though :smile:
When did you book yours for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hpcp
Well done for interview

'We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did not receive that email at any point but did receive an interview invitation, so it's hard to know what it means (if anything at all)
Got an interview today :smile: only got further consideration yesterday which was weird and applied 3 hours before the deadline!
Also thanks for taking all the later interviews guys ;P mines in 20 days :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jatyization
Should I be worried if I havent been invited to interview yet?

Nor have I had my second further consideration email. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are ur stats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hpcp
This is weird, well done though :smile:
When did you book yours for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

18th - only 17th and 18th were available cos I was one of the later ones in the batch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geebee123
yeah, but they only really want a 3 so it doesn't matter too much...hmm more the physics that annoys me cos i can't remember all the gcse stuff.

and i'm applying to fitz, you were caius weren't you?

Oh that's pretty cool. And I've just realised I already asked you on the Cambridge Medics thread :biggrin: haha

Original post by hpcp
Well done for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I got that one today, 40 minutes before the interview offer arrived.

Thats a relief! :biggrin: JK... I like the way we are helping each other out!

Yup :smile:

Original post by olivervick
Got an interview today :smile: only got further consideration yesterday which was weird and applied 3 hours before the deadline!
Also thanks for taking all the later interviews guys ;P mines in 20 days :redface:

Mine's in 19... :frown:
Should I be worried if I havent been invited to interview yet?

Nor have I had my second further consideration email. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worry, I guess we won't be receiving interviews until at least the next batch.
Interview booking website is down :frown: I guess that everyone has booked a place now?
Original post by Clai
Mine's in 19... :frown:

Time for me to cram interview prep hahaha, best of luck to you mate :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clai
Interview booking website is down :frown: I guess that everyone has booked a place now?

probably - (i think) they did interviews in December as well last year
Reply 391
Don't worry if you haven't got an interview yet, I haven't either and don't think there's any point in stressing! Last year they had another batch of interviews in December and they started giving out interview offers for December from 2nd November so that would be next week :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fate16
Don't worry if you haven't got an interview yet, I haven't either and don't think there's any point in stressing! Last year they had another batch of interviews in December and they started giving out interview offers for December from 2nd November so that would be next week :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for November - unless they fill up spaces month by month until all are filled up (as opposed to assigning a fixed number of places each month) have I been disadvantaged by having less time to prepare?
Original post by PoloMaxima
I have an interview for November - unless they fill up spaces month by month until all are filled up (as opposed to assigning a fixed number of places each month) have I been disadvantaged by having less time to prepare?
Well it depends on your situation, if you have the BMAT on nov 5th then its probably going to be strenuous if the interview is less than 2 weeks after. That being said, you shouldn't over prepare any way, a genuine interest in medicine and insight is what their after so as cheesyhannahmontannaish is it sounds, it should come from the heart. You should only really be looking at ethical issues, news and summarising what you learnt from your experiences. These are things you should already have been doing anyway. :smile: They just want to know you're not a psycho!
Reply 394
Original post by PoloMaxima

I agree with the person above, if you're doing the BMAT then it would be quite hard to prepare for an interview in early November but hey at least you've got an interview :wink: good luck I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sheriff246
Well it depends on your situation, if you have the BMAT on nov 5th then its probably going to be strenuous if the interview is less than 2 weeks after. That being said, you shouldn't over prepare any way, a genuine interest in medicine and insight is what their after so as cheesyhannahmontannaish is it sounds, it should come from the heart. You should only really be looking at ethical issues, news and summarising what you learnt from your experiences. These are things you should already have been doing anyway. :smile: They just want to know you're not a psycho!

Original post by Fate16
I agree with the person above, if you're doing the BMAT then it would be quite hard to prepare for an interview in early November but hey at least you've got an interview :wink: good luck I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I do have a BMAT to be preparing for but two weeks after that really ought to be enough (he hopes). Thanks for the advice guys!
Original post by Clai
By 5 and 8 I assume you mean 2005-2008? :biggrin:

Also, where are you applying that requires BMAT?

I meant scores between 5.0 and 8.0 haha. Sorry should have made that clear :P Umm I'm applying to Oxford and Imperial as my BMAT uni's :biggrin:
This is probably going to sound stupid, but in the interview guide, data analysis, it says that we need to understand basic numerical concept e.g. ranking - What actually is ranking. Is this like spearman and pearson's ranking coefficient???
(edited 9 years ago)
gaaah they've run out of interview slots for November.

I've sent them an email. Would I just do my interview in December, then?
Reply 399
Any IB students out there? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending