The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by allstar1996
Ah right.. given that it wasn't immediately accessible on their main medicine undergraduates page, I'm forced to doubt the credibility of this slightly... The site does seem legit from a fleeting glance though! How did you find it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you go to the main Medical school site, right hand side, there's a Q&A link...click on that, type in medical interviews and it comes up......
I also got the 'we are still reviewing' email :/
I feel as though they have made a typo.. it should be December not November :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I might email them and ask them whether that information is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AishaNeuro
I feel as though they have made a typo.. it should be December not November :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty major typo don't you think?

We have tomorrow and Monday to see if its true...
Original post by User:26758
pretty major typo don't you think?

We have tomorrow and Monday to see if its true...

Well, it doesn't make any sense. Especially for the Grad entry, considering our interviews don't start till Jan!
Well, it doesn't make any sense. Especially for the Grad entry, considering our interviews don't start till Jan!

How does it not make sense? St Georges have given out interviews for February already.

They have all the information to base selection on. Since the 15th of October for A100.
Original post by pinkgorilla
I might email them and ask them whether that information is correct

I already have, I'll post their reply here when I get it :smile: Basically yeah asked them by when they'll have invited all the selected candidates for interview
Reply 588
What's this "we are still reviewing your application" malarky?

I haven't got that :s-smilie:

Does anyone else who hasn't had an interview not got that email as well?
Original post by User:26758
How does it not make sense? St Georges have given out interviews for February already.

They have all the information to base selection on. Since the 15th of October for A100.

So basically you are suggesting they will hand out 100 interviews tomorrow and Monday? I am more interested in the Grad interviews. Every other year they have been handed out in Dec or Jan. Why would that change now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So basically you are suggesting they will hand out 100 interviews tomorrow and Monday? I am more interested in the Grad interviews. Every other year they have been handed out in Dec or Jan. Why would that change now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not saying they will, all I'm saying is that it's possible to give out 100 interviews in 2 days.
I haven't looked into graduate entry but all I can say is from the information on the website it would appear that they are aiming to give out all interviews by the 17th, whether they do this or not is a different matter.

Good luck with your application though! Postgrad entry is meant to be even harder than undergrad!
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does the '100' interviews figure come from? Are you saying they have given out 900 already?
Original post by unitopayfor
Where does the '100' interviews figure come from? Are you saying they have given out 900 already?

I'm assuming that's the number of graduate interviews.

for undergrad they usually interview about 1150 apparently, and the first batch is gone so approximately 575 left to give out, if they split the batches evenly...

Graduate entry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduate entry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right...thanks for that. Not sure they can possibly give out the rest of the undergrad interviews over the next two days! its taken over a week to give out the first 'batch'. Odd that the web site says 17/11 for all interviews to be allocated though.......:confused::confused:
Ah right...thanks for that. Not sure they can possibly give out the rest of the undergrad interviews over the next two days! its taken over a week to give out the first 'batch'. Odd that the web site says 17/11 for all interviews to be allocated though.......:confused::confused:

No worries :smile: yeah seems far too strange! Ah well, we'll soon find out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sets Birmingham apart from other medical schools? I've been trying to think of what I like about the uni.
No worries :smile: yeah seems far too strange! Ah well, we'll soon find out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I coulnt bear it any longer...................

Thank you for your email.

All invitations have been sent for November and December interviews.

Invitations will hopefully be sent just before or just after the Christmas holidays for the February interviews.

Kind regards

Jenny Todd
Medicine Admissions Administrator

..so now we know.....
:smile:
Quote from the email they sent me:

"Applicants will hopefully be invited just before or after the Christmas holidays for the February interviews."

So don't freak out yet, there's still hope!!
For the MMIs I'm guessing you get one minute to look at the question and then you go in to the station, and then in each station, do you literally have to talk non-stop for 5 minutes answering that single question or should you talk for 1-2 minutes and let them ask follow up questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending