The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wahid1
Dear internationals and anyone else who hasn't heard from them,

I just got a reply from Dr. Spruce telling me that all interviews have been allocated.... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did the email say? And when are they going to be sending out the rejections? Damn, Birmingham was my first choice :frown:
Original post by zedxy123
What did the email say? And when are they going to be sending out the rejections? Damn, Birmingham was my first choice :frown:

We have allocated all of our interview slots. Therefore, it appears that your application will be unsuccessful. We have yet to process all of the unsuccessful applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hpcp
Anyone recommend a good place to stay overnight before my interview? :smile:
Somewhere near the medical school, walking distance if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Renwick House is a B&B nearby. Opposite side of campus from medical school/train station but really only 10 mins walk, literally right across the street from the south side of campus. Definitely not the Marriott but cheap and convenient.

http://www.stayinbritain.co.uk/bed-and-breakfast-accommodation/renwick-guest-house/104930
Original post by Wahid1
We have allocated all of our interview slots. Therefore, it appears that your application will be unsuccessful. We have yet to process all of the unsuccessful applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If application
not processed .....how do they know I am good or not ?..
(edited 9 years ago)
For anyone who had pre-christmas interviews and hasn't heard back from BMS yet, I emailed them and they said not all decisions could be processed on UCAS before Christmas so if you're in the top 50% (offers) or bottom 20% (rejections), you'll probably be hearing from them sometime this week! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1185
Thanks so much for letting us know :smile: X
is it better to be rejected Before or After the IVIEW... I am not invited....not yet rejected...huge lump in the throat...:frown:
All the people interviewed before Christmas and haven't heard are on hold, spoke to admissions just now

Posted from TSR Mobile
I emailed them to ask if any more interviews are going to be handed out, and they replied saying all interviews have been given out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you mean on hold?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bye Bye Birmingham :frown:
Original post by Wahid1
Bye Bye Birmingham :frown:

have you been informed?..sorry to hear that.. me next..
Reply 1192
i also emailed birmingham admissions about whether they'll be giving out more offers/rejections from the nov/dec interviews and they said "if you don't hear by the end of january you will hear back in march after the interview process is complete"... so could take up to a few weeks?
Original post by Wahid1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was this the whole message? I was hoping they still had maybe a few more slots that they were saving...:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by notthatquiet
Was this the whole message? I was hoping they still had maybe a few more slots that they were saving...:/

Unfortunately it was, apart from 'Regards, Dr Austen Spruce'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedAppli
All the people interviewed before Christmas and haven't heard are on hold, spoke to admissions just now

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shef2008
What did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said they had now processed all the applications they initially received from med school, so anyone who hasn't heard their applications are being kept by med school I.e on hold

Posted from TSR Mobile
They said they had now processed all the applications they initially received from med school, so anyone who hasn't heard their applications are being kept by med school I.e on hold

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting us know :smile: that's different to what someone else said on the previous page so I am slightly confused now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just the fact that offers and rejections came through over two days and nothing came through after, suggests were on hold

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just the fact that offers and rejections came through over two days and nothing came through after, suggests were on hold

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense! I hate waiting aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending