The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Do they ask anything about you personally , like personal statement etc
Original post by Jane8676
Do they ask anything about you personally , like personal statement etc

No, they won't have read your personal statement
Original post by lauraedgar
My advice is get to the front of the queue for signing in, as interview slots are allocated on a first come first serve basis. I mentioned that I had a train to catch and they put me in the first group! Would recommend as going at 4pm and stressing out all day isn't great!

Original post by MedAppli
They do them in order of when you arrive so make sure you're not late

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for the advice! Would love an early interview to get it out of the way and explore the city 😄
Wow wasn't expecting that ...I thought they would ask about your PS
Original post by Jane8676
Wow wasn't expecting that ...I thought they would ask about your PS

No, the interviewers haven't looked at any of your UCAS application so make sure you mention as much as you can from it!
Thanks that's very helpful , not sure where you could though ,I'm guessing in debate / ethics / role play section ...I know the usual things like good communication , team player and leadership qualities ....sleepless nights ...
I mean I AM going to have sleepless nights
Original post by Jatyization
Are offers and rejections given out in March?

Not sure bout rejections but they did say they would get back to us by middle march.
Reply 1388
Any postgrads who had an interview mid January recieved an offer/rejection yet?
How many minutes do you have between stations and how many minutes do you have to read the instructions in the interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkgorilla
How many minutes do you have between stations and how many minutes do you have to read the instructions in the interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 minutes in between. You have the instructions at this time :smile:
And I was also wondering whether any station is a group task or are they all just one interviewer to one person. Also the interactive task and debate task is that with the interviewer or is the interviewer observing you have a conversation with someone else ?
Thanks again xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please can people replying to these sorts of questions remember that the later interviewees are your competition for an offer! Even if you have an offer already, please be fair on those who are waiting and knew absolutely zilch when they were interviewed!
pinkgorilla, all will be revealed when you get there. Please don't ask questions which might give you an advantage.
Original post by highfieldhouse
Please can people replying to these sorts of questions remember that the later interviewees are your competition for an offer! Even if you have an offer already, please be fair on those who are waiting and knew absolutely zilch when they were interviewed!
pinkgorilla, all will be revealed when you get there. Please don't ask questions which might give you an advantage.

It's hardly going to give me an advantage it's not like I'm asking what do they ask you on station 1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it would be wrong to give away too much but it's nothing to worry about, generally the whole interview you can't prepare that well for, just know basic stuff :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys,

Just a gentle reminder that specific discussion of interview content is not allowed on TSR. Everyone is in the same boat and is expected to go into the interview knowing only the details provided by the university, this keeps it fair for all.

Thanks,

ForestCat- Medicine mod

Sorry I didn't realise I was not allowed to ask about the timing. But can I ask what time I should book a train back if my interview allocation is 12 because I don't know what time it will finish ? Is 4 pm fine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I didn't realise I was not allowed to ask about the timing. But can I ask what time I should book a train back if my interview allocation is 12 because I don't know what time it will finish ? Is 4 pm fine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The latest interview slot is 4pm-5pm so I would say 5.30pm to be on the safe side. A flexible ticket maybe a good idea as you may be lucky and be allocated one of the first time slots 😃
Thanks and I'll consider a flexible ticket but they are more expensive D:
Oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahhh so firstly i was relieved my interview was over
now im over-analysing everything i said and just wishing i could go back and change my answers
i somehow think the wait to hear back in march is guna be the worst part of the entire process...

please tell me someone relates to my situation? :frown:
Original post by Zippyzazu
ahhh so firstly i was relieved my interview was over
now im over-analysing everything i said and just wishing i could go back and change my answers
i somehow think the wait to hear back in march is guna be the worst part of the entire process...

please tell me someone relates to my situation? :frown:

Yh same what time was yours and did u get the data analysis ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending