The Student Room Group

A Level choices

Okay so basically I have just gone into sixth form and am doing 4 a levels, the problem is that I don't think I can handle 4 and want to drop one. I'm doing History, Philosophy, Politics and Psychology and am thinking of dropping one now. Which one do you think I should drop, I personally want to drop psychology because It's the subject I'm least motivated to do well in and I don's see it as helpful to my future. I want to go on to do politics or law so is philosophy, history and politics good enough to get me where I want to go?
Reply 1
Original post by HumorousCreeper
Okay so basically I have just gone into sixth form and am doing 4 a levels, the problem is that I don't think I can handle 4 and want to drop one. I'm doing History, Philosophy, Politics and Psychology and am thinking of dropping one now. Which one do you think I should drop, I personally want to drop psychology because It's the subject I'm least motivated to do well in and I don's see it as helpful to my future. I want to go on to do politics or law so is philosophy, history and politics good enough to get me where I want to go?

Drop psycho if you dont like it. After doing it at A2, its definitely a big workload :smile:

History/Phils/Politics are a very good combo for politics and law. Depends on what sort of uni, youre looking at but vast majority you'll be fine (Theres a small number of places which ask for an AS i think)
Reply 2
Check the sorts of places you think you might like to apply for. Some places will ask for a fourth subject, and others not. It'd be better to find out now where you can't apply before you drop it, so you can make a proper decision.
If you think you'll do better focussing on three AS levels then drop one. It will allow you to (hopefully) get better grades in the ones you have chosen.
Also if you aren't motivated to continue with psychology then it's much better to drop it now than later.
That being said something must have made you take psychology in the first place, it's best to remember that before making any decision because you can't pick it up again once you've dropped it.
Hope it helps. :smile:
Thanks to all of yous I will do some research on what universities want first before dropping it.
UCL ask for a fourth AS. It is definitely possible, however, to take up a fourth AS during your A2 year, in which case your offer would be for AAA including a pass in a fourth AS (for example).

Quick Reply

Latest