The Student Room Group

Computer Science subject requirements.

I'm going into my second year of college and im doing maths, physics and chemistry. I dropped computing after getting an AS in it. I've decided to apply for computer science at Bath, I know it sounds crazy since I dropped computing. However at the time of picking what to drop, dropping computing meant I could still apply for most courses and at this time I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at Uni. Now I'm worried that Uni's will see that I dropped computing and won't want me on their course, even if I get the 3 A's that Bath want. Do you think they will mind if I dropped computing, to the point that they won't accept me? Or will they be happy meeting the requirement and just see the AS as a bonus? Thanks in advance.
Original post by G.Burslem
I'm going into my second year of college and im doing maths, physics and chemistry. I dropped computing after getting an AS in it. I've decided to apply for computer science at Bath, I know it sounds crazy since I dropped computing. However at the time of picking what to drop, dropping computing meant I could still apply for most courses and at this time I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at Uni. Now I'm worried that Uni's will see that I dropped computing and won't want me on their course, even if I get the 3 A's that Bath want. Do you think they will mind if I dropped computing, to the point that they won't accept me? Or will they be happy meeting the requirement and just see the AS as a bonus? Thanks in advance.

If you're applying for Computer Science, it's absolutely fine - they'll be much more interested in your performance in Maths.
Reply 2
No not really, your subjects are fine as it is. Dropping it might have different motives such as the course being too restrictive, too watered down etc. Im sure most admissions understand this.

Quick Reply

Latest