The Student Room Group

Fed up of ex girlfriend.

I'm fed up, I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years a month ago and it's been the toughest month of my life. Not because of the breakup, but because she hasn't left me alone, making me feel she wants me etc.

I originally broke up with her because she lied to me all the time, she disappeared a couple of times on nights out and that completely blew my trust with her, or saying she wasn't going somewhere when she was, amongst other things, even the fact she was a virgin. and although i stayed with her a further 9 months it all got too much with arguing and lack of trust that I couldn't take it anymore.

For the past two weeks she's constantly been texting me, so I decided to give her a second chance to put things right and try and restore my trust. How wrong I was, the other week I found out she was using this app called Fling and found that she was speaking to loads of guys on it, adding them on KIK, Snapchat etc. No problem there, she's single. But given her persistence to try and get back with me I literally went mental over it.

Then, I stupidly let her speak to me even more for another week or so, and she's just been hot and cold, expecting me to trust her instantly, and so today was the final straw seeing as she cared more about her freshers night out than speaking to me.

But I can't get over it, we argued this morning because she was being really blunt with me and so we didn't speak until the end of today when I told her that that was it and it was the final straw. I've literally been the best boyfriend I could, and when she said she wanted me back I gave her loads of support to showing her the way towards it, but she never wanted to hear any of it? And now she's out for freshers without giving a crap. I'm sorry for the rant but it's really got to me, this girl is now no longer the person I fell in love with. But i don't know what to do? I've got my freshers next week which i'm looking forward to.

Enough is enough and I couldn't trust her at all, but I really don't know what to do with myself?

Any help would be amazing, cheers!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm fed up, I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years a month ago and it's been the toughest month of my life. Not because of the breakup, but because she hasn't left me alone, making me feel she wants me etc.

I originally broke up with her because she lied to me all the time, she disappeared a couple of times on nights out and that completely blew my trust with her, or saying she wasn't going somewhere when she was, amongst other things, even the fact she was a virgin. and although i stayed with her a further 9 months it all got too much with arguing and lack of trust that I couldn't take it anymore.

For the past two weeks she's constantly been texting me, so I decided to give her a second chance to put things right and try and restore my trust. How wrong I was, the other week I found out she was using this app called Fling and found that she was speaking to loads of guys on it, adding them on KIK, Snapchat etc. No problem there, she's single. But given her persistence to try and get back with me I literally went mental over it.

Then, I stupidly let her speak to me even more for another week or so, and she's just been hot and cold, expecting me to trust her instantly, and so today was the final straw seeing as she cared more about her freshers night out than speaking to me.

But I can't get over it, we argued this morning because she was being really blunt with me and so we didn't speak until the end of today when I told her that that was it and it was the final straw. I've literally been the best boyfriend I could, and when she said she wanted me back I gave her loads of support to showing her the way towards it, but she never wanted to hear any of it? And now she's out for freshers without giving a crap. I'm sorry for the rant but it's really got to me, this girl is now no longer the person I fell in love with. But i don't know what to do? I've got my freshers next week which i'm looking forward to.

Enough is enough and I couldn't trust her at all, but I really don't know what to do with myself?

Any help would be amazing, cheers!

I'm sorry, my friend, but you're going to just have to straight up tell her to back off. After she treated you like that, she has no right to want you back. You deserve better than her.
I don't use this word often but you are pretty beta.
Reply 3
I'm sorry, my friend, but you're going to just have to straight up tell her to back off. After she treated you like that, she has no right to want you back. You deserve better than her.

Just feel a bit of a mug that i gave her so many chances to prove herself, yet when she had the chance she couldn't be bothered?
Just feel a bit of a mug that i gave her so many chances to prove herself, yet when she had the chance she couldn't be bothered?

Yes, you were a mug, but everyone is one from time to time. Now learn from it and move on, no regrets. And make sure you don't make the same mistakes again.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I don't use this word often but you are pretty beta.

^This --- This is the greatest lie on TSR ...
Reply 6
Move on, you deserve better.
Original post by Made in Tyrone
^This --- This is the greatest lie on TSR ...

I rest my case, you're a moron mate.
I rest my case, you're a moron mate.

be calm child.
be calm child.

Child? Mate I'm probably twice your age you arrogant tool.

In the future it's best to just give one chance. People who actually have morals won't need a second chance because they'l never do anything wrong in the first place.

Child? Mate I'm probably twice your age you arrogant tool.

(edited 9 years ago)
In the future it's best to just give one chance. People who actually have morals won't need a second chance because they'l never do anything wrong in the first place.

Lol you're such a mug ... whatever **** whit.
She doesn't deserve you. I think you should just move on, it may be hard but even if it comes to it just block her so she can't text you. You have given her enough chances and if she wants to take advantage of that then it's her problem. You sound like a real nice man given her as many chances as you have but she doesn't deserve any more by the sounds of it. My ex broke up with me at the start of August last month, it destroyed me and I kept texting her which was a big mistake. A week later I just moved on and now she is always texting me, telling me she loves, she misses me and that I am so amazing etc but the worst thing about it is she has trust issues which is why she broke up with me because I am going to university and she doesn't trust me living in accommodation where there will be girls. So it's like I won't get over her if she is always texting me telling me these things but I just know it won't work out if we got back together so I know it's hard for you but just don't give her any more chances in my opinion, I think it's best if you move on and even ignore her texts if it gets that bad.
Lol you're such a mug ... whatever **** whit.

You should just forget her

Everyone does that. I told you. You deserve better than her. Next time, if you come across someone like her, you know what to do before you start hurting your feelings.

Good luck!

x
Personally I would cut off contact completely with her. Too much feeling and ill feeling to be friends right now.
Stop talking to her. If she texts then don't respond.
Life's too short bro, move on. Enjoy your Freshers week, you're too young for this crap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending