The Student Room Group

Why Oxbridge?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
youre welcome, for a minute i began to belive that they had gotten to you and wondered how long it would be before they got to me too. yes they also control the internet and are also known as interlords.
we must be wary of their poll fixing skills as they will corrupt us and do anything to stop us from discovering the truth.
Reply 41
dh00001
... that they had gotten to you ...
If we are discussing language, how come you have an English flag and yet use an American word like 'gotten'?

As far as 'Oxbridge' goes, the word that gets into the language is just a matter of chance. It's a bit like video formats - VHS v. Betamax. Betamax was considered to be the better technology but VHS prevailed. It's just chance which expressions live and and which ones die. The best does not always win. Ad men will tell you that it's the words that are considered cool or the expressions used by people we consider to be cool that win out in the end.Unless you're a super cool celebrity I'm afraid that Camford doesn't stand a chance.

-
"If we are discussing language, how come you have an English flag and yet use an American word like 'gotten'?"

Coz he got begat in Gettysburg. Geddit?
Reply 43
er you what? what was i supposed to say
Reply 44
Camox sounds pleasant, no.
Reply 45
I think we should be given three options:

Cambridge people can call it Scumbridge.

Oxford people can call it Oxtabland.

Everyone else can call it Omfridge.

Thank God people are finally taking this important issue seriously! Only once this is resolved will we be equipped to tackle the more difficult problems such as human rights violations and squalid living conditions. (I'm referring to Oxford, of course, but many of these problems also apply to the developing world.)
Reply 46
thank you stevo, see everyone... this is such a serious issue, and i am therefore glad that i brought it up. At least now i have raised awareness for this extremely serious issue, which happens to be very serious since issues that are this serious, are generally categorised as serious issues. in other words, its serious.
I will be taking further action by confronting this serious issue to Mr.Blair himself, who i am sure will be very concerned about it.
You are all welcome to join me. I have already arranged a group of people to join me, and anyone else who can join us will be a great pleasure. We will be meeting in Khabarovsk, Russia this tuesday at 1800 hrs local time in a small bar called видеоэкранов. From there we will fly back to england. I know it may not seem logical, but think about it.... it makes sense, since this is a serious issue after all.
I know you will all be there, especially dh00001, since he of all people understands the true seriousness of this issue which is serious.
Please note, the secret password to enter видеоэкранов is "this is a serious issue which must be taken seriously since issues that are serious are very serious"
Thank you. My flight leaves for Moscow in 2 hrs, i am expecting all of you there.

серьезный истечение
(Serious Issue)
Reply 47
i will catch a flight as soon as possible.
vive le resistance :wink: :p:
Reply 48
i arrived at Khabarovsk last night. theres a lot of work to do here, a lot of things ot organise. Thank you for your great support dh00001, if only other people here were like you, then maybe, just maybe, this oxbridge/camford issue would be over. Sadly this is not the case, and it is up to us to expose this huge conspiracy theory. This is a difficult time for the world, and to have this issue resoloved would not only help our world, but would also help the planet jupiter especially, since they are the true sufferers of this issue.

vive le resistance!

серьезный истечение
Reply 49
Dunno if its already been said, but Ox and Bridge both convey images of physical strength and long term stability.
Oxford doesn't need to think its better just because it has produced more PMs. Cambridge has produced more Nobel Prize winners.
Reply 51
Original post by Raymat
Oxford doesn't need to think its better just because it has produced more PMs. Cambridge has produced more Nobel Prize winners.

The thread is nine years old. :rolleyes:

TSR obsession with Oxbridge is not new.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending