The Student Room Group

Girls call me cute... what should I do?

Hi everyone!

So for a while, I've had girls come up to me saying that I'm 'cute'. The latest examples include last week when a group of girls called me cute for quickly walking across a road and hopping onto the pavement, and today I heard another girl tell her friends (thinking I couldn't hear her) I was cute for smiling and waving back to her earlier in the day when she waved at me. Her group later tried to tease me, however I took their tease literally and I made an idiot of myself! Of course they only had one thing to say: cute!

I'm very flattered by these comments, naturally, however I don't know how to respond. I just say 'thanks!', smile and shy away as usual. Is there anything else I could do? And is being called 'cute' a good thing, or does it mean they feel sorry for me in any way?

I'm only asking as I'm not very socially intelligent and I usually misinterpret things people tell me. I just try to be as kind as possible to everyone I interact with. I'm widely considered the smartest in my year (if not the school), yet I find it hard to understand my social interactions. I also don't follow the latest trends and I'm not very 'modern'; I just like my own style, such as listening and playing country and jazz music, which many find strange. Is this why the girls find me cute?

Another reason I'm asking is because these girls are very pretty, and when it comes to pretty girls I get nervous and I usually make a fool of myself :colondollar: It's always something I look back upon and laugh, but is there something I can do to stop doing this? I would like to date one of these girls one day. Is there also a way to stop taking teases literally? :smile:

I apologize for rambling on, but I'm just curious... Any helpful insights or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Cute is good, but back it up with confidence.
Reply 2
Ok thanks! I'll try :smile:
Reply 3
*Correction*

Using your 'more confidence' advice, I WILL be more confident! :biggrin: lol!
Reply 4
From my experience it usually means she friendzoned you. Cute isn't great, she just sees you as a cuddly toy that's only good for keeping her company. But it could mean something more... Hard to say for all girls but I think this is the case for a few.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
From my experience it usually means she friendzoned you. Cute isn't great, she just sees you as a cuddly toy that's only good for keeping her company. But it could mean something more... Hard to say for all girls but I think this is the case for a few

Ok interesting thought thanks! I'll consider it :smile:
The way they call you "cute" sounds similar to how I've been called "cute" by girls in the past, where you do something they see as adorable. It isn't a "cute" as in attractive type of thing. It's "cute" like a puppy is cute.
Cute depends on the person saying it. Sometimes it can be like 'a dog is cute' cute and other times it can be cute-hot.

You can try the 'have more confidence' method but I find this usually comes from finding something you like about yourself/being proud of who you are as opposed to just saying "This time I'll be more confident"
Reply 8
Original post by Transtorm
Cute depends on the person saying it. Sometimes it can be like 'a dog is cute' cute and other times it can be cute-hot.

You can try the 'have more confidence' method but I find this usually comes from finding something you like about yourself/being proud of who you are as opposed to just saying "This time I'll be more confident"

Thanks for the advice! The issue is other people are not interested in what I'm interested in. I can't go up to girl and ask, "have you read about the latest theory about how the universe works?" or, "did you listen to that jazz show on the radio last night". I've tried, and it doesn't work- they're not interested, which makes the conversation awkward. Maybe that's why they think I'm cute... and it only gets worse when I try to talk about popular affairs, like pop music! But I'll try to use your advice, I might find a way to use it! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by AlphaNick
9/10 times cute = friendzone

sorry mate, you lost the game

Based on that rate, I must be the king of friendzones! Half the girls in my year- must be a record... oops :s-smilie:

Ah well, as they say- plenty of fish :wink:
What do you look like? Cute can potentially be good or can be friendzone. A large part of which it is depends on if you're good looking, tall, have facial hair etc.
I call guys cute all the time, I mean it as a good thing!
I like to imagine that the sort of nervous, unthreatening genuinely nice guy I call cute would have a secret confident side though.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Based on that rate, I must be the king of friendzones! Half the girls in my year- must be a record... oops :s-smilie:

Ah well, as they say- plenty of fish :wink:

same :s-smilie: its annoying
Original post by AlphaNick
did you just accidentally say half instead of three (..or so)? because you seem desperate to enhance your ego, and I know what it's like to get attention from girls and the one thing you don't feel obliged to do when you've got that is to boast about it on a :laugh: studying forum :facepalm:

Yeah... I'm a bit new here. Oops. At least I'm anonymous. I guess I should consider this situation as good and take advantage of it?

Sorry, I just don't completely understand the situation, and I guess I'm not alone... :confused:
Original post by squealia
I call guys cute all the time, I mean it as a good thing!
I like to imagine that the sort of nervous, unthreatening genuinely nice guy I call cute would have a secret confident side though.

We do have a confident side!
Just not around women... :colondollar:
I don't know why

If you catch them in the middle of doing something they enjoy, you might see it :smile:
Original post by Adnan Januzaj
What do you look like? Cute can potentially be good or can be friendzone. A large part of which it is depends on if you're good looking, tall, have facial hair etc.

I'm told by others as quite handsome and very charming. I'm average height, a healthy weight, and a bit of a triathlete as well. I'm clean and my hair is combed, although I am told I need to have more of a 'modern' style in terms of looks and fashion- whatever that means...
In order to stop girls from calling me cute is to get a leather jacket or vest grow a mustache witch is for men wear sunglasses pants cool shoes or boots and be cool
Original post by Anonymous
We do have a confident side!
Just not around women... :colondollar:
I don't know why

If you catch them in the middle of doing something they enjoy, you might see it :smile:

I think y'all know what the differenced between cool and cute
There's a cool kid in town witch is me😎

Latest

Trending

Trending