The Student Room Group

Can a uni take your place away?

Okay so im abit worried. My school rang up saying they want to get my papers from geography remarked. If this was to not go in my favour and my grade was to drop, can my uni take my place away from me?
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Okay so im abit worried. My school rang up saying they want to get my papers from geography remarked. If this was to not go in my favour and my grade was to drop, can my uni take my place away from me?

I don't think so. Everything's already been confirmed, and the university accepted you right? And remarking doesn't usually change the grade at all to be honest :h:
Reply 2
Original post by MyName??!
I don't think so. Everything's already been confirmed, and the university accepted you right? And remarking doesn't usually change the grade at all to be honest :h:

Yeah it's all been confirmed and my induction is on Monday! I was just worried that if my grade drops they may then say they accepted me on what my grade was before. Maybe I'm just overthinking it :tongue:
You don't have to agree to a remark if you don't want to - and if you're happy with your grades and / or towards the lower end of the grade boundary, there's little reason to agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
You don't have to agree to a remark if you don't want to - and if you're happy with your grades and / or towards the lower end of the grade boundary, there's little reason to agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was one UMS off an A so my teacher wants to try and get it for me
Reply 5
If you get a remark and it goes down, you keep the highest mark given. So there is no need to worry about it. I had one paper which was an A remarked to an A* so it might go in your favour. Definitely go for the remark.
I was one UMS off an A so my teacher wants to try and get it for me

In that case you're highly unlikely to go down a whole grade, so I can see why your teacher is advocating that path, but it is up to you - if you really don't want to get a remark you don't have to.

Original post by RobertWhite
If you get a remark and it goes down, you keep the highest mark given. So there is no need to worry about it. I had one paper which was an A remarked to an A* so it might go in your favour. Definitely go for the remark.

That's not true - remarks can make your grade go down as well as up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you get a remark and it goes down, you keep the highest mark given. So there is no need to worry about it.

This is incorrect

Wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

This depends on the exam board. There's one I can't remember that does it this way, but others don't.
Reply 10

Original post by Origami Bullets
In that case you're highly unlikely to go down a whole grade, so I can see why your teacher is advocating that path, but it is up to you - if you really don't want to get a remark you don't have to.

That's not true - remarks can make your grade go down as well as up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TenOfThem
This is incorrect

Original post by Juno
This depends on the exam board. There's one I can't remember that does it this way, but others don't.

Do you think it's worth it then? Am I that unlikely to drop all the way down to the next grade when im only 1 ums off an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think it's worth it then? Am I that unlikely to drop all the way down to the next grade when im only 1 ums off an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With so much leeway it is unlikely to drop

but - why risk it - what will the benefit be to you

You keep the higher mark if you resit, not if you remark. The remark grade is what you keep, even if it's lower than the original.
Jeez only one person needed to tell me! That's how it worked when I had a remark, can't remember the exam board, or perhaps my teachers just told me wrong. Anyway, considering you're only one mark off an A it's worth it in my opinion, it's highly unlikely your mark will go down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending