The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering or Civil engineering

Hi , I'm currently studying Chemistry , Biology , Maths and Psychology - I Achieved A- Psychology , B's in Maths and Biology and a C in chemistry. So Civil engineering or Chemical engineering and why?

( oh and I'm a year 13 student so need a reply asap)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sniperandak47
Hi , I'm currently studying Chemistry , Biology , Maths and Psychology - I Achieved A- Psychology , B's in Maths and Biology and a C in chemistry.I therefore wanted to drop chemistry and do Civil engineering which only requires maths in many universities , But My parents want me to study chemical engineering which requires at least a B in chemistry - So Civil engineering or Chemical engineering and why?

( oh and I'm a year 13 student so need a reply asap)

If you want to do civil then do that. What your parents want you to study is irrelevant.
Original post by Smack
If you want to do civil then do that. What your parents want you to study is irrelevant.

I agree with Smack do what you want to do. Since it's u whose going to be doing the course not your parents.Remember though that your parents are there to guide you,not control u. Good luck!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Another vote for living your own life, rather than having your parents live through you.
Chemical is better for salary, neither is too bad in terms of prospects, and i would suggest you do civil engineering because it needs mainly maths, while you might find chemical engineering difficult with a C.

Quick Reply

Latest