The Student Room Group

Review: Door-to-door Fundraising for HOME

I worked for HOME Fundraising for 4~5 weeks during the summer and I am writing a review about my experience there so that anyone on TSR who is deciding whether to work there can have a transparent and honest outlook on the company and the work that you have to do there. I feel that most of the people that applied and worked there alongside side myself were greatly misled by the company and so resigned very quickly after joining - this is why there are large training groups of around 20~30 people every other week. The high turnover is evidence of what the management and work is like at this company.

Note: HOME Fundraising is not a charity, it is a Limited company owned by Gift Group Ltd and estimates of it's earnings are here. It is a very profitable and stable business.

What they tell you, and what is the reality.

* They claim that you can make huge bonuses like 2 donations per night = £90 bonus each week, 3 donations per night = £240 bonus each week, 4 donations per night = £390 bonus each week, 5 donations per night = £540 bonus each week. See screenshot from e4s.

---> This is a lie. They set a targeted amount of sales/signups (they refer to them as "signups") and once you achieve above your target you will be paid £30 for every signup afterwards. The targets were: If you worked 3 days, your target was 4 signups, 4 days it was 6 signups and 5 days it was 7 signups.
How achievable is it to achieve over your target? Well, they regularly pass around the statistics of how many signups have been achieved per person or per team. From looking at all the records, the average seems to be 0.80~1.05 signups per 5 hour shift. After working there for 4~5 weeks, I only witnessed my team leader get 2 bonuses and he had worked there for 8 months +, nobody else that I knew received any sort of bonus.

* They claim that "We pay a FIXED HOURLY RATE of £7-£10 to all our fundraisers, plus the chance to make uncapped bonuses each week! "
---> Whilst it is true that you get paid £8 per hour, the actual amount of hours that you eventually work is veiled. You must turn up at 3pm and finish the shift at 9pm although normally you only get to leave after the debriefing at 9:15-9:30, you're thinking that's abit over 6hrs right? Maybe there's an hour lunch? Wrong. From 3 to 3:30, you have a briefing and team talk (pump up speech) from the team leader who then walks you to the new area on the day. Your shift begins at 3:30 and ends at 9pm. The dinner break is supposed to be 30 minutes but in reality we are rushed to eat and return to work normally in 15 minutes - we eat under bus stops or benches on the streets regardless of the weather.)

* They claim that their wage is above average for a part time job.
---> This is not technically true. As of writing the minimum wage is £6.31. So when they pay you £8, you are earning £8.45 (1.69*5) more than if you were on minimum wage HOWEVER, you end up working an 8 hour day and you incur hefty travel costs (they send you away to the outskirts of town. I was in London and had to go to Zone 6 incurring a cost of around £3-5 per journey per day - thats already £10 off my paycheck.

*They will tell you that they provide quality training and then support ongoing training.
---> Initially when you join HOME, they will train you for one and a half days (this is after the group interview). These training sessions are well run and you can learn alot from them. They begin at 9am and finish at 6pm. They are UNPAID until you have worked for over 30 full shifts - whilst this doesn't sound like much, I can honestly tell you that less than half of the people I know managed to put up with this job for long enough to get paid for their training.
--->They will review your performance regularly (once every 2-3 weeks), the review is in the office during non-working hours and praise is rarely given. If you perform adequately they will criticise you so you feel you need to overachieve. If you are achieving below the targets, they will make you feel guilty by saying you're wasting a charity's monies and compare you to other people. If you are doing really bad, they will give you a very harsh talk and make you feel really bad so that you resign. If you don't resign they will terminate you anyway because for the first 3 months, they can terminate your contract without any notice. Regardless of how you do they will put pressure on you to force you to attend "Breakfast club" on Wednesday at 12pm. This is the training that is on-going. They provide breakfast and soft drinks and you'll have to spend 2~3 hours there, this is unpaid.

*Flexibility in Work Days in that you get to choose which days you are working in the following week.
--->Although not the total number of days i.e if you have a 4 day shift and go on a 7 day holiday, you will need to make up the 4 days that you missed so in the following three weeks, you would be working everyday.

What you can expect to learn and experience, if you persist.

*~ Meet good, kind, talk-active people who have also been tricked into the job. Most of the other fundraisers are very genuine people who really thought they were going to work for a charity and help people out. I made some good friends there and we still talk. It's good to have these friends because you go through all the ups and downs together. Having said that, the team leaders are not always nice, they get paid for our performance, so if we do well, they get paid more or promoted so they can be harsh and pushey.

*~ If you pay attention in training and learn from the way the trainer and the way the team leaders communicate and sell, you can pick up useful sales skills. Your communication skills improve and you become better at making presentations. Also, you get more confident at talking to people because it becomes your job to do so.

Would I recommend the job as a door-to-door fundraiser at HOME?

If you're doing this job to earn a good amount of money: I wouldn't bother, a standard retail job in McDonalds or Costa would earn you alot more money.
If you think that you are looking to work with decent people and be treated well: I wouldn't bother with this job. Its like working as an old school salesman. There is a lot of pressure to make signups from team leaders everyday and management will not treat you with any respect of dignity (see Glassdoor review for Advice for Management).

If you're trying to gain some hardcore sales experience but don't mind walking around for 5+ hours in the rain or bad weather: Go for it! There aren't many jobd that are so easy to get into and then give you a chance to knock and speak to randomers at their doors.

If you can't find a better job, I would advise that you try this job out whilst looking for other jobs on the side so that you can quit as soon as possible because this job is not worth the effort.

EDIT: SEE MY REPLY BELOW IN RESPONSE TO HOME MANAGEMENT AS IMPOSTERS ON TSR TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

The review that I completed on GlassDoor is here.

If you have any questions please ask!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wow very detailed thanks

I had received an'interview'to one of these things back in April to start in the summer but I didn't bother. It was a residential fundraising thing and they would pay for your accommodation but they would deduct your wages to pay for your living costs :confused: so if you worked really badly all you would've gotten is them paying for your house and no wages at all!

I always wondered what actually happened in a job like this-guess you summed it up really well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have worked for Home Fundraising for about six months now and as my experience is very different to what people are saying here, I thought I'd share. (It may be that things are different in different regions - I only have experience of one region.)

Original post by jasonlu
I worked for HOME Fundraising for 4~5 weeks during the summer and I am writing a review about my experience there so that anyone on TSR who is deciding whether to work there can have a transparent and honest outlook on the company and the work that you have to do there. I feel that most of the people that applied and worked there alongside side myself were greatly misled by the company and so resigned very quickly after joining - this is why there are large training groups of around 20~30 people every other week. The high turnover is evidence of what the management and work is like at this company.

There is a very high turnover indeed, but I don't think this is a reflection of the management at all. Rather it is a combination of factors - the work is difficult, and many people simply aren't cut out for it. Secondly, the average age of staff is much younger than in most workplaces, and often they are either looking for short term work between studies or simply trying out different areas of work to see what suits them.

Original post by jasonlu
What they tell you, and what is the reality.

* They claim that you can make huge bonuses like 2 donations per night = £90 bonus each week, 3 donations per night = £240 bonus each week, 4 donations per night = £390 bonus each week, 5 donations per night = £540 bonus each week. See screenshot from e4s.

---> This is a lie. They set a targeted amount of sales/signups (they refer to them as "signups") and once you achieve above your target you will be paid £30 for every signup afterwards. The targets were: If you worked 3 days, your target was 4 signups, 4 days it was 6 signups and 5 days it was 7 signups.
How achievable is it to achieve over your target? Well, they regularly pass around the statistics of how many signups have been achieved per person or per team. From looking at all the records, the average seems to be 0.80~1.05 signups per 5 hour shift. After working there for 4~5 weeks, I only witnessed my team leader get 2 bonuses and he had worked there for 8 months +, nobody else that I knew received any sort of bonus.

This is not a lie. Plenty of people I've worked with have picked up generous bonuses. I'm far from the best fundraiser, and I've even picked bonus up on occasion.

Original post by jasonlu
* They claim that "We pay a FIXED HOURLY RATE of £7-£10 to all our fundraisers, plus the chance to make uncapped bonuses each week! "
---> Whilst it is true that you get paid £8 per hour, the actual amount of hours that you eventually work is veiled. You must turn up at 3pm and finish the shift at 9pm although normally you only get to leave after the debriefing at 9:15-9:30, you're thinking that's abit over 6hrs right? Maybe there's an hour lunch? Wrong. From 3 to 3:30, you have a briefing and team talk (pump up speech) from the team leader who then walks you to the new area on the day. Your shift begins at 3:30 and ends at 9pm. The dinner break is supposed to be 30 minutes but in reality we are rushed to eat and return to work normally in 15 minutes - we eat under bus stops or benches on the streets regardless of the weather.)

Again, it may have been different in your region, but we start work at 3.30pm, have a 30 min break at 5.30 and finish at 9pm. Most team leaders also give their teams extra 5-10 minute breaks during the night to ensure that no one is getting stressed. Breaks can be spent under bus stops, on benches, in cafes, in pubs (not drinking alcohol, obviously.) There is no requirement to stay with the rest of the team during the break (though most people choose to.)

It's also worth mentioning that teams can get an extra hour's pay if they get an average of 1.5 sign ups in a shift (as my team did last night.)

Original post by jasonlu
* They claim that their wage is above average for a part time job.
---> This is not technically true. As of writing the minimum wage is £6.31. So when they pay you £8, you are earning £8.45 (1.69*5) more than if you were on minimum wage HOWEVER, you end up working an 8 hour day and you incur hefty travel costs (they send you away to the outskirts of town. I was in London and had to go to Zone 6 incurring a cost of around £3-5 per journey per day - thats already £10 off my paycheck.

You only end up working 8 hours a day if you count the time you are travelling to the location. How many companies do you know who pay you for your travel time? Travel costs are also covered in my region, but again, yours may be different.

Original post by jasonlu
*They will tell you that they provide quality training and then support ongoing training.
---> Initially when you join HOME, they will train you for one and a half days (this is after the group interview). These training sessions are well run and you can learn alot from them. They begin at 9am and finish at 6pm. They are UNPAID until you have worked for over 30 full shifts - whilst this doesn't sound like much, I can honestly tell you that less than half of the people I know managed to put up with this job for long enough to get paid for their training.
--->They will review your performance regularly (once every 2-3 weeks), the review is in the office during non-working hours and praise is rarely given. If you perform adequately they will criticise you so you feel you need to overachieve. If you are achieving below the targets, they will make you feel guilty by saying you're wasting a charity's monies and compare you to other people. If you are doing really bad, they will give you a very harsh talk and make you feel really bad so that you resign. If you don't resign they will terminate you anyway because for the first 3 months, they can terminate your contract without any notice. Regardless of how you do they will put pressure on you to force you to attend "Breakfast club" on Wednesday at 12pm. This is the training that is on-going. They provide breakfast and soft drinks and you'll have to spend 2~3 hours there, this is unpaid.

Breakfast club for us is at 1/1.30, and lasts about an hour. As you say, we are provided with (very tasty) pizzas and soft drinks, and attendance is encouraged but in no way 'pressured.'

The one to one talks I have had with the management have been nothing but encouraging and supportive, and seem to largely consist of them asking if there's anything they can to help me or anyone I would particularly like to work with (or avoid working with.)

Original post by jasonlu
*Flexibility in Work Days in that you get to choose which days you are working in the following week.
--->Although not the total number of days i.e if you have a 4 day shift and go on a 7 day holiday, you will need to make up the 4 days that you missed so in the following three weeks, you would be working everyday.

Again, this is not true in my region (and I would be shocked if it was true in any region.) Like any job, you are entitled to paid holiday and there is no need to make it up later. (Perhaps, since you were only with the company a few weeks, you hadn't earned any holiday when you were off?)

In short, I have absolutely loved my time with Home. It's not perfect by any means, but it's one of the best employers I've had the pleasure of working for. I'm probably not going to be with the company much longer, as I am not hitting targets, but I shall keep going and try to turn it around. If I don't manage to, I can't blame the company for choosing to get rid of me, as it has to deliver the goods for the charities they work with.
Reply 3
Man with no name , may I ask why you have set up a brand new TSR account to defend Home Fundraising in such detail? You guys can verify yourself, Man with no name joined on 24-09-2014 and has made no other posts previous to this one.

I have heard of stories where management at Home Fundraising spending time on-line to keep the reality of their recruitment process and employee treatment a top secret. I can't believe this is the reality.

I can understand why Home Fundraising tries to cover their secret though, it's how their business works. They are clever enough to understand that if students hear about how they really work, they won't be able to trick students into applying, and Home Fundraising wouldn't even be able to keep the cycle of joiners and leavers in their Fundraising workforce.

Its a simple recruitment game they play at Home Fundraising. They will recruit ferociously to students because there is an endless supply of students every year; students graduate and new students enroll University. They even have their own recruitment website to add credibility (this credibility is quickly diminished when you see how fast they call you in for an interview and then shove 30 people into a box sized room for a so-called assessment).

Here's how it works: As long as enough students believe that they are a real and ethical company, some students will fall through, apply and get a job there. Home Fundraising knows that of the X number of students that join, 75% will leave within a month but that's fine because it's worth the recruitment costs (a very small amount given that they only advertise vacancies online) to keep on the 25% of the people who stay on. These people are the real sufferers who are sold a dream that is a lie. The dream that, they are working for the greater good instead of massive profits or that this is the best job out there and the management really care about them. For the reality see Home Fundraising Financials in the link above, they are worth nearly a million pounds and have 700k cash at bank which is a large amount of capital for a company of this size or search on TSR for other real reviews about Home Fundraising (Caution: Reviews by posters with 0-5 posts are likely to be fake so check who posts the review before reading it).

They are brainwashing people by insisting that the company work for the greater good rather than for abnormal profits and then selling them on the dream of eventually hitting targets and earning tons of bonuses. It is a lie to give students hope.

For example, I know of a few people who joined before me, they worked for 5~6 weeks and were quickly appointed to be team leaders. These guys get around £10-11 per hour but they have even more unpaid hours such as going into the office to do meetings or other planning related work. Its obvious that even Team Leaders change very regularly and their system is flawed. These team leaders dislike the company just as much but they are given a so called "promotion" and so stay on for longer - these are the 25% that Home wants to trap in their system. All the fundraisers can come and go as long as the 25% is replenished so that they can manage the super short term workers (75%).

I am certain Man with no name will comeback very strongly, afterall he is paid to do so and for the record, I am not going to post a reply or argue because there is no point.

Oh and of course Man with no name will question why I'm posting such a detailed review. My answer is that the students deserve to know the truth. I believe that I have also been fair to Home Fundraising, I have said that if students want to learn to sell, they should join because your training program is extremely good given that it's free. It's also a good experience for meeting new friends but as a JOB, its terrible.

You guys, the real students on here can be the judge for yourselves by reading other reviews about Home Fundraising on TSR.
Original post by jasonlu
Man with no name , may I ask why you have set up a brand new TSR account to defend Home Fundraising in such detail? You guys can verify yourself, Man with no name joined on 24-09-2014 and has made no other posts previous to this one.

No need to verify for yourself. I can happily confirm I did indeed join yesterday simply so that I could respond to this thread. As for why I did that, it was simply because I saw your post and took issue with it. As I mentioned before, I am very proud of the work I've done with Home and would like anyone who is considering working for them to have a more balanced view of the company than the one you present.

Original post by jasonlu
I have heard of stories where management at Home Fundraising spending time on-line to keep the reality of their recruitment process and employee treatment a top secret. I can't believe this is the reality.

I would be surprised if there was any truth in this. And if there is, I am not one of them.

Original post by jasonlu
I can understand why Home Fundraising tries to cover their secret though, it's how their business works. They are clever enough to understand that if students hear about how they really work, they won't be able to trick students into applying, and Home Fundraising wouldn't even be able to keep the cycle of joiners and leavers in their Fundraising workforce.

Its a simple recruitment game they play at Home Fundraising. They will recruit ferociously to students because there is an endless supply of students every year; students graduate and new students enroll University. They even have their own recruitment website to add credibility (this credibility is quickly diminished when you see how fast they call you in for an interview and then shove 30 people into a box sized room for a so-called assessment).

There really is no trick here. The job is difficult and not everyone is suited to it, hence there is a high turnover.

Original post by jasonlu
Here's how it works: As long as enough students believe that they are a real and ethical company, some students will fall through, apply and get a job there. Home Fundraising knows that of the X number of students that join, 75% will leave within a month but that's fine because it's worth the recruitment costs (a very small amount given that they only advertise vacancies online) to keep on the 25% of the people who stay on. These people are the real sufferers who are sold a dream that is a lie. The dream that, they are working for the greater good instead of massive profits or that this is the best job out there and the management really care about them. For the reality see Home Fundraising Financials in the link above, they are worth nearly a million pounds and have 700k cash at bank which is a large amount of capital for a company of this size or search on TSR for other real reviews about Home Fundraising (Caution: Reviews by posters with 0-5 posts are likely to be fake so check who posts the review before reading it).

Not sure what you mean by implying that HF are not a 'real and ethical' company. Obviously they are real, and I can think of few things more ethical than raising money for charity. You seem to have a problem with the company making money, but this is how companies work. If we didn't also raise money for the charities we work with (which include Oxfam, Cancer Research UK and the British Heart Foundation), why would they continue to work with us?

Original post by jasonlu
They are brainwashing people by insisting that the company work for the greater good rather than for abnormal profits and then selling them on the dream of eventually hitting targets and earning tons of bonuses. It is a lie to give students hope.

No brainwashing and no lies. Plenty of people do hit targets and earn generous bonuses. Not everyone, but then what job is for everyone?

Original post by jasonlu
For example, I know of a few people who joined before me, they worked for 5~6 weeks and were quickly appointed to be team leaders. These guys get around £10-11 per hour but they have even more unpaid hours such as going into the office to do meetings or other planning related work. Its obvious that even Team Leaders change very regularly and their system is flawed. These team leaders dislike the company just as much but they are given a so called "promotion" and so stay on for longer - these are the 25% that Home wants to trap in their system. All the fundraisers can come and go as long as the 25% is replenished so that they can manage the super short term workers (75%).

Yes, team leaders do do extra hours which are unpaid, and I know of more than a couple who have objected to this. But, you know what? No one is forced to be a team leader. Many of them including, as far as I am aware, all the team leaders currently working in my office, are very happy with the company. I'm sorry if that wasn't the case where you worked.

Original post by jasonlu
I am certain Man with no name will comeback very strongly, afterall he is paid to do so and for the record, I am not going to post a reply or argue because there is no point.

Nice try, but sadly no one is paying me to post this. I wish they were. It's a lot easier than fundraising. Though not quite as satisfying.

Original post by jasonlu
Oh and of course Man with no name will question why I'm posting such a detailed review. My answer is that the students deserve to know the truth. I believe that I have also been fair to Home Fundraising, I have said that if students want to learn to sell, they should join because your training program is extremely good given that it's free. It's also a good experience for meeting new friends but as a JOB, its terrible.

You guys, the real students on here can be the judge for yourselves by reading other reviews about Home Fundraising on TSR.

I feel no need to question why you're posting your review, though the first thing you did in this post was question why I was posting. I can only assume that the office you worked in was not a happy one, which is a shame for everyone who works/worked there. But the claims you have made have been about the company as a whole, and are (at the very least) untrue for one office.

Despite what you have said about not replying, I hope you do.
I had a call from Home Fundraising, told them I dont want to do door to door. The guy on the phone was persuading me and was not getting off the phone so I put it down :biggrin:
Reply 6
I know some people who have worked at home fundraising and they get treated like crap and it sounds like a company i've worked with such as GoGen, Shelter Chugger In-house and Engage Fundraising. I've done every type of fundraising and i see as a brainwashing organisation as i realised i was brainwashed too, stopping people and bullying them into their bank details as we are ****ing saving the animals or the ****e children where the managers would be laughing in their warm office getting a large percent of the donators whilst we fundraisers will be in all sort of weather conditions trying to 'inspire people' it was ****ing stupidity. So i can understand that YOU will be treated as a ****. Tbh Fundraising IS A BUSINESS as that what my manager indirectly told me when he sacked me in public on the street in Baker Street. Anyone who does Street, door to door, or events fundraising, HAS TO BE GOOD AT FUNDRAISING otherwise you must be prepared to look for therapy as the management are prepared to treat you like how Gordon Ramsay treats people in Hell's Kitchen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by O.Ozz
I know some people who have worked at home fundraising and they get treated like crap and it sounds like a company i've worked with such as GoGen, Shelter Chugger In-house and Engage Fundraising. I've done every type of fundraising and i see as a brainwashing organisation as i realised i was brainwashed too, stopping people and bullying them into their bank details as we are ****ing saving the animals or the ****e children where the managers would be laughing in their warm office getting a large percent of the donators whilst we fundraisers will be in all sort of weather conditions trying to 'inspire people' it was ****ing stupidity. So i can understand that YOU will be treated as a ****. Tbh Fundraising IS A BUSINESS as that what my manager indirectly told me when he sacked me in public on the street in Baker Street. Anyone who does Street, door to door, or events fundraising, HAS TO BE GOOD AT FUNDRAISING otherwise you must be prepared to look for therapy as the management are prepared to treat you like how Gordon Ramsay treats people in Hell's Kitchen.

Firstly, I have to say that publicly sacking someone like that is utterly unacceptable, and if I was part of the management at Home (as Jason seems to think), I'd want to know who the manager is so that I could ensure it never happens again.

Secondly, you're wrong to say that the managers get a percentage of the donations. All donations go directly to the charity concerned.

Thirdly, of course fundraising is a business. No one is pretending otherwise.

Finally, of course you have to be good at fundraising to last as a fundraiser. Isn't that true of any job?
Original post by Man with no name
Firstly, I have to say that publicly sacking someone like that is utterly unacceptable, and if I was part of the management at Home (as Jason seems to think), I'd want to know who the manager is so that I could ensure it never happens again.

Secondly, you're wrong to say that the managers get a percentage of the donations. All donations go directly to the charity concerned.

Finally, of course you have to be good at fundraising to last as a fundraiser. Isn't that true of any job?

If all donations go to the charity concerned, just curious - but where do HOME get their money from? The charity is essentially giving a substantial part of the individuals donations back in the form of payment to HOME.

I don't see the point in door to door fundraising. I perceive it quite negatively... going around disturbing people. There's not much people dislike more.
(edited 9 years ago)
No need to verify for yourself. I can happily confirm I did indeed join yesterday simply so that I could respond to this thread. As for why I did that, it was simply because I saw your post and took issue with it. As I mentioned before, I am very proud of the work I've done with Home and would like anyone who is considering working for them to have a more balanced view of the company than the one you present.

As an impartial observer I find that a strange comment really. Were you searching in google? Or are you often just checking posts in the Part-Time and Temporary Employment Section on TSR? Just seems a very strange comment that you saw the post seemingly from nowhere. With all due respect, it seems odd for a casual observer working at the company in question did just so happen to see it.

Pssh. How delusioned are you? Everyone knows that managers of all charities get a percentage of the donations - why else would they work there then? For free? Off leprechaun money?
Original post by SirMasterKey
As an impartial observer I find that a strange comment really. Were you searching in google? Or are you often just checking posts in the Part-Time and Temporary Employment Section on TSR? Just seems a very strange comment that you saw the post seemingly from nowhere. With all due respect, it seems odd for a casual observer working at the company in question did just so happen to see it.

It was indeed thanks to Google. I was looking for the address of the office and stumbled upon this thread.

Original post by turn-to-page394
Pssh. How delusioned are you? Everyone knows that managers of all charities get a percentage of the donations - why else would they work there then? For free? Off leprechaun money?

Much as I enjoy being insulted, it may help if you read the thread more carefully. We're not talking about the managers of charities, we're talking about the managers of Home Fundraising, which is a company that raises funds for charities.
It was indeed thanks to Google. I was looking for the address of the office and stumbled upon this thread.

Much as I enjoy being insulted, it may help if you read the thread more carefully. We're not talking about the managers of charities, we're talking about the managers of Home Fundraising, which is a company that raises funds for charities.

Meh. All companies have managers. Managers need to get paid. The money needs to come from somewhere. So naturally....

Fair enough.

Home Fundraising.png

This thread is not listed when I search for Home Fundraising but it does come as the second TSR thread when I search for Home Fundraising Review. Bizarre.

Home Fundraising Review.png
Original post by turn-to-page394
Meh. All companies have managers. Managers need to get paid. The money needs to come from somewhere. So naturally....

Yes, and managers for Home Fundraising are (oddly enough) paid by Home Fundraising. To say they get a percentage of the money donated by people is not true.
Yes, and managers for Home Fundraising are (oddly enough) paid by Home Fundraising. To say they get a percentage of the money donated by people is not true.

I don't really know but i assume Home Fundraising is paid by the charities it works for? If so, then charities get some of their money from donations which then goes to... This is my way of seeing it. That's all.
Reply 16
Man with no name, I know who you are. Admit it, you're a HOME Fundraising Manager.

Guys, there's not much point arguing with him, he's paid (with CHARITY money) to argue with us so lets not waste any-more charity money.

Kudo's to these people who have helped bring light to the HOME Fundraising Ways:

Original post by O.Ozz

Original post by SirMasterKey
Fair enough.

Home Fundraising.png

This thread is not listed when I search for Home Fundraising but it does come as the second TSR thread when I search for Home Fundraising Review. Bizarre.

Home Fundraising Review.png

PS: I have already contacted my friends who works for a major newspaper. I have also got contacts from several student newspapers that have a national presence and have emailed them about this article and all the other reviews on Home Fundraising. Hopefully, this will get posted and gain traction. 'Man with no name', you wait til I expose your identity to the world - if you want to continue defending Home Fundraising or come to delete your posts, use Tor please, otherwise it looks even worst ... if you get what I mean.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
I just want to say i don't know how home fundraising works as i have never worked there, i just remember a few people who worked for them last year and complained how they were treated as *****. OP it is good to expose an organisation you feel is full of ****. Door to door companies etc like Appco and PerDm have been exposed several times, Although they may not necessairy close down, people will be CAUTIOUS to apply to them once its gets exposed.

GoGen, another fundraising company is slowly becoming well known to the street fundraising business and look how they got exposed around their telephone fundraising - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-charities-spend-60-cash-4141858 and read how the director has a £1.3 million house in woodford Green like are you ****ing kidding me:mad:

So let home fundraising be known, judging by this thread by 'man with no name', The organisation is clearly a cult as its workers will sign up for tsr 'for the first time' and never come back to the site.
Reply 18

Bottom line - your brainwashed! do you want to be a chugger forever like come on mate and about the managers percentage, read one of my old companies, the famous 'GoGen' http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-charities-spend-60-cash-4141858 - The manager has a £1.3million property house, tell me where did he get that money??? hmm :rolleyes:
Original post by jasonlu
Man with no name, I know who you are. Admit it, you're a HOME Fundraising Manager.

Guys, there's not much point arguing with him, he's paid (with CHARITY money) to argue with us so lets not waste any-more charity money.

Kudo's to these people who have helped bring light to the HOME Fundraising Ways:

PS: I have already contacted my friends who works for a major newspaper. I have also got contacts from several student newspapers that have a national presence and have emailed them about this article and all the other reviews on Home Fundraising. Hopefully, this will get posted and gain traction. 'Man with no name', you wait til I expose your identity to the world - if you want to continue defending Home Fundraising or come to delete your posts, use Tor please, otherwise it looks even worst ... if you get what I mean.

Not sure why you're talking about me deleting my posts. I stand by every word I've said.

I am not a manager at Home Fundraising. But I am enjoying your repeated insistence that you know who I am.

Original post by O.Ozz
I just want to say i don't know how home fundraising works as i have never worked there, i just remember a few people who worked for them last year and complained how they were treated as *****. OP it is good to expose an organisation you feel is full of ****. Door to door companies etc like Appco and PerDm have been exposed several times, Although they may not necessairy close down, people will be CAUTIOUS to apply to them once its gets exposed.

GoGen, another fundraising company is slowly becoming well known to the street fundraising business and look how they got exposed around their telephone fundraising - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-charities-spend-60-cash-4141858 and read how the director has a £1.3 million house in woodford Green like are you ****ing kidding me:mad:

So let home fundraising be known, judging by this thread by 'man with no name', The organisation is clearly a cult as its workers will sign up for tsr 'for the first time' and never come back to the site.

A cult? Really? (And what do you mean never come back to the site? I've been here about five times now.)

I'm afraid I can't comment on other fundraising companies as this is the only one I've worked for, but I have indeed heard bad things about GoGen.

Original post by O.Ozz
Bottom line - your brainwashed! do you want to be a chugger forever like come on mate and about the managers percentage, read one of my old companies, the famous 'GoGen' http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-charities-spend-60-cash-4141858 - The manager has a £1.3million property house, tell me where did he get that money??? hmm :rolleyes:

Not a big fan of the word chugger, but why wouldn't I want to do this forever? I get to do some good in the world, and the company is very good at letting me arrange my shifts around my other projects. Like I said, I've heard bad things about GoGen, but that doesn't mean all fundraising companies are dodgy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending