The Student Room Group

Shaving my hair off

Hi, I'm new here so stay with me,

So I've got really bad kept hair from over straightening and dying, the problem was while I was school in yr 11 and we did work experience the hairdressers I went too left my hair bleach on too long which has made my hair ruined and also she made me ginger instead of blonde, I dyed it purple after and left it purple since, Its dead, dry and I'm pulling clumps out everyday, since I'm a girl this gets me down and makes me want my hair back how it was.... anyway lately I have been thinking about shaving it off, the way it is a charity wouldn't accept it but here is the devastating part, I don't have much confidence since my hair is what makes me, me so I'm worried about what people think and also how long it would take to get to a 'pixie' sort stage..

if anyone has shaved their head, please get back to me, its a terrifying thing to go through but also something I may do...:frown::frown:
Don't shave it just care for it somehow maybe?
Attachment not found

Shave it off!

....wear a wig if necessary
Reply 3
Do it. You'll look amazing haha. Just say you're doing it for charity like Jessie J or something.
Do it and wear a wig or a beanie.

I wouldn't even care that much I've seen girls with buzzed hair before, it does sound like you could do with shaving it off and starting fresh tbh.

Amber Rose buzzed her hair but I guess she's fine as fuark anyway so it wasn't too detrimental. Long hair > Every other style though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks guys,
If it wasn't for the hairdresser that was new at starting and didn't know what she was doing it wouldn't be how it is..its what other people will think about it..
Reply 6
Instead of shaving it off completely, why not cut it short? Your hair will soon grow back.
Why

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending