The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
quadruple_twist
Whilst I think they have far too much time on their hands, and should go get a job and try to be valuable contributors to society (as if...) I disagree with the school not allowing the kids to leave school at lunchtime to visit the chippy.

It's the kids'/teenagers' choice whether they want to eat there and everyone knows that junk food isn't good in large quantities. Schools are meant to teach respnsibility and help students make their own decisions.

They're going to rebel whatever the school says though. Personally I think the little ****s need some discipline, or perhaps they should go live in Ethiopia for a while and just be grateful that they have access to healthy food.

Oh and the parents are uneducated. That's the only possible reason for such stupidity.
Reply 41
Simple solution.
Put a barbed wire fence around the school. Put a sign saying "Arbeit Macht Frei" over the gate and erect some watchtowers. That'll stop the fatty foods brigade, not to mention inspire the students with such motivational slogans above the door.
It makes you wonder what's actually going on inside their heads, doesn't it?
How are the kids supposed to respect the new healthy food eating rules, if their parents can't? This grates on me. What's wrong with a packed lunch if a child really, really just can't bear a school dinner? Christ.
Whilst I'm all for choice, this is taking the p*ss. These two mothers should know better. They're annoyed that their kids are being offered lunch, and refusing.

What they should be saying to the kids is that they should shut up and eat what they get. If they don't like that, too bad.

These mothers are setting a really bad example, and it amazes me. I saw them on Tv, and i thought that they were complete nutters. Of course children need a bit of fat, but the key is: "A bit of fat." - Not pie & chips.

I can't see the police getting involved as it says in the article, but someone needs to b*tchslap these poor excuses for mothers and put them back in their place.
look at the states of those women. they look like they need to stop eating pies.
quadruple_twist
Whilst I think they have far too much time on their hands, and should go get a job and try to be valuable contributors to society (as if...) I disagree with the school not allowing the kids to leave school at lunchtime to visit the chippy.

It's the kids'/teenagers' choice whether they want to eat there and everyone knows that junk food isn't good in large quantities. Schools are meant to teach respnsibility and help students make their own decisions.

can't agree more.
Profiteering.

Shoot them.
"We two mothers are the advocates of junk food. We bear gifts of burgers, chips and fried delicacies. Look at us closely. Now make your decision."
Reply 49
Il think that parents need to be better educated. The very fact that they think children should be allowed chips more than once a week is shocking.
if the children are being picky and not eating healthily then let them starve, they'll eat it soon enough (my daughter did!)
Yes we need to teach children responsibility, but we want them to make the right chioces, not hurry themselves into an early grave. At the end of the day childrens health is their parents responsibility. I'm not agreeing that the goverment should monopolise school dinners, but this pairs behaviour is disgusting.
Carl
frankly, that is disgusting :mad:

Oh yeah it's an absolute disgrace, do they really want their own children dead before they are, ridculious. Shows what sort of mothers they are.
Reply 51
Well I reckon it's ignorance more than anything else.
Reply 52
I think the school should get a restraining order or something against these two women. If I was a fellow parent expecting my child to eat the healthy school meals and these women were supplying fatty, harmful food I would feel that they were actually inflicting damage to the health and welfare of my child and would be very angry.
If their own children want to eat junk, they should go home at lunchtimes, but other people's children shouldn't have to suffer later in life when they are overweight with heart disease/damaged joints/lethargic/infertile etc.:mad:
Well I reckon it's ignorance more than anything else.

Unfortunately, it isn't.

They know the food they are buying isn't good for the kids, but they see themselves on some sort of crusade agaisnt 'Political Correctness' or some such twaddle.
Reply 54
the whole thing doesnt work, my little sister just doesnt eat at school and waits til she is home, which i think must be really bad for her. they cant just shove this food infront of kids all of a sudden they first have to educate them PROPERLY on why this food is good for them and the long term benefits to them personally of a healthy lifestyle, maybe then the majority of kids will want to eat a bit better all round and not just at school.
As usual our government has gone in head first with this thing without thinking it through properly. its all too sudden you cant searve a kid his favourite meal of chips or whatever one day and give him salad the next day, you need to introduce it gradually. and along with the education side of it, I think that kids will find it a much more appealing idea this way.
As usual our government has gone in head first with this thing without thinking it through properly. its all too sudden you cant searve a kid his favourite meal of chips or whatever one day and give him salad the next day, you need to introduce it gradually. and along with the education side of it, I think that kids will find it a much more appealing idea this way.

They've tried it. Kids eat the chips and bin the salads.

An outright ban on crap food was the only way to go, in all honesty.

If kids want to wait all day and eat, fine, at least they don't have to option of indulging in crap food at school.

Long live the state.
Reply 56
Errr, it's not exactly a monopoly as such if the school aren't profiting for the meals.

I bet the two mums would tell you they had no idea why they are both fat munters.
Reply 57
it's metabolic, innit :biggrin:
Carl
it's metabolic, innit :biggrin:

That's what they're calling pies these days then?

:smile:
matchu
Errr, it's not exactly a monopoly as such if the school aren't profiting for the meals.
Oh yes it is. And even then, a school catering company -is- in it for money, whether privately owned or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending