The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
So what do you propose?

Several rival food companies within each school?
well, looking at the two mums, they obviously dont abide by a healthy diet either. They are trying to take people down with them lol.
Reply 62
OppressedMass
nah cos pie is part of da culture of da workin man. u iz all just racists init.

cos pie = -1 ... duh
matchu
So what do you propose?

Several rival food companies within each school?
... I was thinking of letting the kiddywinks go into town for lunch if they so wished, but that's much more interesting.

If all the companies were subject to reasonable junk food regulations and there were controls on prices... sure, why not?
Comrades, there is plenty of choice and freedom for all!
Omg! That's just wrong! Who does that ? I'd hate to see what their kids look like Lol !! :eek:
Omg! That's just wrong! Who does that ? I'd hate to see what their kids look like Lol !!

I kno!!!!11!!!!!

I couldn't believe it either11?!! All thoze fatties! LOL! What ru gonna do?! LOL!
Reply 67
These catering companies are often really terrible at catering. Take Sodexho, the caterers at my old secondary school - while I was there, we discovered that Sodexho also held the tender to be caterers for Her Majesty's Prison Service. If being locked in the school at lunch times was bad enough, we were effectively being fed prison food.

Needless to say, I took a packed lunch.
If being locked in the school at lunch times was bad enough, we were effectively being fed prison food.

Actaully, prisoners get more spent on their food than kids...
x...Hayley...x
Omg! That's just wrong! Who does that ? I'd hate to see what their kids look like Lol !! :eek:

Strangely some of those kids are actually skinny little runts, it's just that in replacement for a bulging belly they lack the ability to sit down and be quiet when told to repeatedly. :biggrin:
oh my god is that real, you see this is why i hate pikeys.
pikeys

Where does it say that they are Irish gypsies?
Reply 72
A pikey isn't confined to gypsy, it's just a term for your general scumbag.
mipmapped
Where does it say that they are Irish gypsies?

Unless it's an irish term for 'chav'? or just an irish chav :biggrin:
A pikey isn't confined to gypsy, it's just a term for your general scumbag.

I stand corrected, it would seem.
Whilst I think what the parents are doing is disgusting, it is probably what happens every tea time for many children. Many parents serve up processed crap, full of salt, fat and sugar in the name of convenience. Many parents take their children to McDonalds, etc also in the name of convenience. Whilst the parents are defying the school ban, they are the representation of a number of parents all over the country.
Reply 76
mipmapped

^o) I love this country...
I love this country...

Shocking, sad, and unfortunately, true.
mipmapped

That is indeed true.
DanGrover
Erm, for the record they aren't making a penny on it.

The schools should just offer choice. Offer the kids pasta AND burgers. That way the parents can decide what they want their kids to have. If they can't trust their kids to have the healthy option when they've been told to, don't give them any money and give them a healthy packed lunch. Leave it up to the parents, not the school or the government.

I was going to say that. Instead of going to the extreme of forcing the kids to accept the healthy options they should educate them about a balanced diet. Once they get out of the gates they will think all foods with fats in them are taboo. Majority of them are but knowing how to balance them is the key. I don't agree with the parents but I don't agree with the government either.

Latest

Trending

Trending