The Student Room Group

Should I redo A2 English or just do AS photography ?

I'm really stuck with what to do I picked AS photography so that I could get extra UCAS points. And I picked AS English because I wanted to improve my C grade and move it up to a B grade or A grade, The problem I found however is that I can't focus in English and I don't think I want to retake it all over again. Everytime im in lesson I feel as though I have done my bit I feel I've done my bit last year and thats it, I should be gone I shouldn't be there so I'm really stuck the thing is I've recently spoken to my tutor and I've dropped AS photography and picked up A2 psychology, I'm starting to regret this decision and wish that I dropped A2 English. I still think it's possible to change it over but I'm still thinking whether dropping A2 English for ASphotography is a good idea but at the same time what's the point in redoing English and not being bothered just to get the same grade or possibly even worse. I'm currently doing A2S Sociology, psychology and English and am considering dropping one for as photography as I have already maintained the C just to clarify. Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you applying to uni for 2015? If so, what course, and have you checked the entry requirements? Many places require 3 A2 grades for entry. 2 AS grades do NOT equal an A2 grade as far as unis look. If you are looking to enter a course with UCAS point entry then you may be fine.

In my experience: AS photography is hell. I did AS English language, business studies, media studies and photography. I found photography killed my passion for a hobby I loved, taught me nothing, and gave me my lowest grade (I got AABC). It's a LOT of work. It was easily the most work out of any of my subjects. Personally I would not recommend the subject, 60 of us took the subject last year, only 15 are doing it this year.
Reply 2
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
Are you applying to uni for 2015? If so, what course, and have you checked the entry requirements? Many places require 3 A2 grades for entry. 2 AS grades do NOT equal an A2 grade as far as unis look. If you are looking to enter a course with UCAS point entry then you may be fine.

In my experience: AS photography is hell. I did AS English language, business studies, media studies and photography. I found photography killed my passion for a hobby I loved, taught me nothing, and gave me my lowest grade (I got AABC). It's a LOT of work. It was easily the most work out of any of my subjects. Personally I would not recommend the subject, 60 of us took the subject last year, only 15 are doing it this year.

Wow was it more coursework based then exam? Because mine is 60% coursework based and 40% exam so you pretty much know your grade in December since that when the coursework finishes.
Original post by makas
Wow was it more coursework based then exam? Because mine is 60% coursework based and 40% exam so you pretty much know your grade in December since that when the coursework finishes.

100% coursework. NOT FUN

Quick Reply

Latest