The Student Room Group

neuroscience 2015 and 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer from UCL today too!! 😂 so relieved AHHH and excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahsob_ska
Got an offer from UCL just now, woooooooo :biggrin:

congrats!! :smile: if you don't mind me asking, when did you send your ucas application off?
Original post by cora06140
Hahaha, same here, even though had already dealt with the portal, I guess it was a blanket email... :frown:

This said, just noticed at the top of this page that 11Na23 seems to have got a UCL offer a week ago!!

i know :frown: i wonder why they are taking so long in giving a response...
Original post by potterhead1d
congrats!! :smile: if you don't mind me asking, when did you send your ucas application off?

Thank you! :biggrin: 24th October, so it did take a good few weeks to get a reply :smile:
Reply 184
Hahaha, same here, even though had already dealt with the portal, I guess it was a blanket email... :frown:

This said, just noticed at the top of this page that 11Na23 seems to have got a UCL offer a week ago!!

Yeah!!!!!! I was buzzing... still am, I sent my application of on the 13th October, and got my offer on the 2nd December.
Reply 185
Hey,

Has anyone applied to The University of Birmingham for neuroscience?

Thanks
Original post by EMcKevs
I got an offer from Glasgow for psychology and neuroscience.

Me too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Original post by sunexotic
Has anyone got a Manchester interview for February 11th? Seems quite a while away? Is there anything one can presume from that? Will it be as relaxed as all your interviews seem to have gone :s-smilie:

No I think its just that more people have applied around this time so the space is filled up and also they take a break from interviewing around christmas time :smile:
I know everyone told me that the interview would be so relaxed before and i never really believed them but trust me when i say that it really is so friendly and informal! the whole day was a good experience and really convinced me to put it was my first choice
Good luck!
Reply 188
Original post by Ben333
Anyone got an offer from Bristol yet? I've got my 4 others but not heard a response them

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm still waiting for Bristol too.. I heard that they're really slow at replying
Reply 189
I actually heard from Bristol really quickly along with a couple of others, it's earlier in the thread. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they might be just holding you application back to compare it with other candidates that applied at a similar time to you :biggrin:
Just gonna throw some information into the pool for all you guys that are looking for answers. I just received my 5th offer so I thought it might be helpful if I posted a little timeline of my UCAS. Obviously this is gonna vary from person to person but heres mine, others might wanna do the same:

16th October: Sent off my application
20th October: Application processed and track became available
22nd October: Offer From University of Bristol
22nd October: Interview invitation at Manchester (they gave me an offer on the day, 19th November)
6th November: Offer from University of Nottingham
21st November: Offer from University of Leeds
26th November: Offer from Manchester came through on UCAS
12th December: Offer from UCL

The offers:
University of Manchester: AAA (firm)
University of Nottingham: AAB (insurance)
University of Leeds: AAA
University of Bristol: AAB
UCL: AAAe

This isn't a post designed to brag about what I've got or anything , I just want to reassure people that if you're patient and you've got a good application the offers will come eventually. Remember, applications are processed in batches. Just because someone heard from somewhere in two days doesn't mean their application was necessarily better than yours. Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 191
If you don't me asking, what are your predicted grades/as grades?
Manchester is my firm too! and I have got an interview on the 11th of February
I'm predicted ABB and hoping they offer me AAB not AAA
Original post by lp2710
If you don't me asking, what are your predicted grades/as grades?
Manchester is my firm too! and I have got an interview on the 11th of February
I'm predicted ABB and hoping they offer me AAB not AAA

I got AABB (Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Spanish respectively) and I'm predicted AAA (dropped Spanish). When I went there they said that they offer you what you're predicted so you'll probably be given either an AAB of ABB offer as the entry requirements are ABB-AAA
Hey everyone o/
Hope your applications are going well. Just wanted to drop by and ask if anyone has received an offer/heard back from Keele yet c:
(edited 9 years ago)
Is everyone applying for a masters course?
Reply 195
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Is everyone applying for a masters course?

I applied to UCL for a masters course just got a conditional offer today!!
Original post by staks
I applied to UCL for a masters course just got a conditional offer today!!

Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply?
Reply 197
Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply?

Thanks! I applied around mid october. Have you applied to UCL aswell??
Original post by staks
Thanks! I applied around mid october. Have you applied to UCL aswell??

My daughter did, but on 12 November, so I guess she has to wait a little longer... Just UCL and St Andrews to hear from now....
Reply 199
My daughter did, but on 12 November, so I guess she has to wait a little longer... Just UCL and St Andrews to hear from now....

Yea I'm an early applicant so i had to apply by the 15th October. Best of luck with the rest of your daughters application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending