The Student Room Group
King's do interviews and so do UCL I think.
Reply 2
To answer your question about interviews, I applied to Manchester to study Spanish and Italian (both post A-Level). I was asked to attend a short interview for each language. However, it was less formal than an Oxbridge interview. Both interviewers asked questions along the lines of 'Why Manchester/languages/Spanish?' 'What have you read or seen in Italian?' etc. Then we had a fairly basic conversation in the foreign language about where I had been in Italy and Spain. Nothing too strenuous! I think Birmingham have a similar system, but I'm not too sure about other universities.

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Gap years are fine.
I applied to Durham, Bristol, Exeter, Royal Holloway and Sheffield as well as Cambridge for French and Spanish and none of those unis interviewed. As for the gap year, you'd probably need to spend some of it in France and Spain (or French and Spanish speaking countries) or they might be worried that you'd have forgotten everything by the time you started the course.
Reply 5
i applied to birmingham, durham, KCL, Warwick, UCL and sheffield. out of those, KCL and UCL were the only two with an 'interview process', birmingham and warwick did a small talk instead, and then divided us into groups to talk to us and ask us questions, basically why birmingham/languages and what we were most interested in.
I had a proper interview at Southampton and then a group interview at Birmingham and then the normal Cambridge interviews.
Reply 7
i got interviews at cambridge, UCL and heriot-watt. UCL was nasty coz it was all literature stuff that i'd forgotten. heriot-watt was just a chat with a woman. cambridge was...yeah...lol

Latest

Trending

Trending