The Student Room Group

Conditional offers question

Heya,

The course I'm applying for has entry requirements of AAB. If my predicted grades are higher than the entry requirements, does that mean if I get a conditional offer it may be for higher than the entry requirements are? For example, if I'm predicted 2A*'s and an A, would the conditional offer be for A*A*A or something, or will it always just be AAB? Everyone I've asked so far doesn't seem to know. :frown:

On one hand being predicted A*'s might make it more likely that I'll get a interview, but if it also will raise your conditional offer requirements I might have to ask my teachers if they would be able to lower them to the entry requirements.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
No they will give you an offer of AAB regardless of what your predicted grades are.

What/where are you applying??
Original post by Sainsbo
Heya,

The course I'm applying for has entry requirements of AAB. If my predicted grades are higher than the entry requirements, does that mean if I get a conditional offer it may be for higher than the entry requirements are? For example, if I'm predicted 2A*'s and an A, would the conditional offer be for A*A*A or something, or will it always just be AAB? Everyone I've asked so far doesn't seem to know. :frown:

On one hand being predicted A*'s might make it more likely that I'll get a interview, but if it also will raise your conditional offer requirements I might have to ask my teachers if they would be able to lower them to the entry requirements.

No; their offer will always be AAB if that is what they advertise. In some circumstances they may give you a lower offer if they like the look of you or perhaps even an unconditional offer if you're exceptional. For example, I was predicted A*AA and Edinburgh's typical offer was AAA, they liked the look of me and so gave me an offer of BBB. Having higher predicted grades just means that they will be more confident of you meeting the entry requirements and hence more likely to make you an offer. Entry requirements are really just there to ensure that all students who attend the course are of a particular standard, the fact that you exceed that standard just makes you more attractive to a department, especially as it means you're more likely to achieve a high grade such as a 2:1 or 1st.
Reply 3
No they will give you an offer of AAB regardless of what your predicted grades are.

What/where are you applying??

I'm applying for Meteorology at Reading :smile:

Thankyou both for the help! That defintely puts my mind at ease.
The entry requirements for a University course are that you have a Level 3 qualification and relevant Level 2 qualifications .

the indicative offes on a HEI website / prospectus are just that indicative

the HEI may vary their offer to you from that indicative offer if they wish to do so.

you may also geta place if you do not meet your offer exactly - that depends o nthe numbers game come results time and your performance compared to the other applicants.
Original post by Sainsbo
Heya,

Your high predicted results just influence, actually improve, the chances of you getting an offer. If they vary the offer it will only be downwards not upwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending