The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Which college has the best freshers week

I was just wondering which college has the best freshers week.
Personally id prefer a Bailey college, or a small one. Only problem is St chads is where my ex is right now
Are you still in the process of applying to university? If so I'd say definitely don't base your college choice on which has the best freshers week. Each college follows roughly the same format (different theme every year, activities/ formals in college, nights out, options to stay in) so really they're not that different. Also since they are student organised, every year they are very different as it's a different team of people in charge. So I'd say if anyone tells you any college has the 'best' freshers week they either go to that college (and are being super loyal), or have been told something (probably false) about a different college which has made them jealous!

Pick a college based on location, type of room available, character, size and facilities. Pretty much everyone loves whichever they end up at anyway and you'll have the same opportunities at any college so have a look through them all.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/choosing/
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest