The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm still waiting on replies on two of my choices (have 2 conditional and one unconditional offer) and these are the universities I am most interested in. Unfortunately I got an email from one of them stating they may not be able to reply to my offer until after the January deadline!

This is going to be a long Christmas break.
sent off today and got an acknowledgement from leiecester a few minutes after which was nice to know. my track checking starts now!
Original post by loperdoper
Track updated and I nearly passed out. It was Oxford confirming their rejection (which they emailed me with about a month ago).

Damnit, I was so hoping it was going to be QMUL!

Aww. I'm sorry! Hopefully it comes soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received a conditional for Dundee ten days after sending my application. My top choice so I couldn't be happier!
I'm just waiting on ONE more offer, and it's my top choice! Argh! Do you think it's likely that Unis will still be giving out offers, or will it probably be after the UCAS deadline now? It's bath spa if that helps, for Sociology and SoR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
Aww. I'm sorry! Hopefully it comes soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, thanks. QMUL appear to be really fast unless you're deferring, so I've been waiting two months now "/

Original post by megan_jadeeee
I'm just waiting on ONE more offer, and it's my top choice! Argh! Do you think it's likely that Unis will still be giving out offers, or will it probably be after the UCAS deadline now? It's bath spa if that helps, for Sociology and SoR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bath Spa took about twenty days for me (Biology + Film and Screen Studies), but I read on their website that they do take longer around mid October and late December, as that's where their applications can peak.
Got my first track update and rejection yesterday from Glasgow for Business Management. Although it wasn't my first choice, I feel kinda bummed out. I just want some good news already!
Acknowledgements from birmingham manchester sheffield and Leicester just waiting for liverpool ATM. Anyone know when ucas close for the holidays?
I'm now telling myself that the universities will either let you know today or not until after the Xmas period. So I have 2 weeks to relax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CassieBeatrice
Got my first track update and rejection yesterday from Glasgow for Business Management. Although it wasn't my first choice, I feel kinda bummed out. I just want some good news already!

I know how you feel. It will get better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know how you feel. It will get better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. This is my second time doing this ucas thing and I didn't get any rejections last time (lucky me huh?). So I definitely wasn't expecting the first one to be an 'unsuccessful'.
Is it weird that I checked track obsessively for the first few days, then once I'd got two offers I just kind of stopped caring? I think after I got the first two I wasn't expecting to get any more until after christmas anyway, and it really surprised me when I got a third one yesterday! (Sheffield, not my first choice but it's only BBB so it'd be a good insurance choice) From what I've heard, no one's going to be getting offers over christmas anyway, so I don't think I'll be checking it at all.
Offer from Imperial for Biomedical Engineering!
Original post by peterith
Offer from Imperial for Biomedical Engineering!

Congrats! London is a great city to be a student in :smile:
Thanks. This is my second time doing this ucas thing and I didn't get any rejections last time (lucky me huh?). So I definitely wasn't expecting the first one to be an 'unsuccessful'.

It just wasn't meant to be. Where else have you applied?
It just wasn't meant to be. Where else have you applied?

Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews. Scotland for sure :smile:

Have you received any offers yet? What are you applying for?
Last year I got all my offers within 3 days!
Original post by soanonymous
Last year I got all my offers within 3 days!

That sounds like a dream! Where did you end up going?
Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews. Scotland for sure :smile:

Have you received any offers yet? What are you applying for?

Those all sound like amazing choices!

I applied for Ancient History/Classical Civilisation. I had four rejections (Nottingham, Reading, Leeds and Warwick) and one unconditional (Manchester!). So I can definitely relate to the feeling when your first (and second and third) update is a rejection.
Those all sound like amazing choices!

I applied for Ancient History/Classical Civilisation. I had four rejections (Nottingham, Reading, Leeds and Warwick) and one unconditional (Manchester!). So I can definitely relate to the feeling when your first (and second and third) update is a rejection.

Oh wow, congratulations! That must have been so stressful. Manchester is a great university so you must be pretty happy!

I used to study classics before :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending