The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Yeah!

Well dont panic Ive heard of people last year being accepted in May
Original post by emmasroberts
No! My boyfriend lives in Glasgow, so I'm going to live with him! Edinburgh is so nice!

That's exciting!! Glasgow looks gorgeous. I've never been to Scotland at all though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
That's exciting!! Glasgow looks gorgeous. I've never been to Scotland at all though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's gorgeous!! I hope that's where I'll be spending the next 4 years!!
Original post by sonalakshi
Got one from liverpool too :biggrin: And I'm from India as well!!!

Hi .. for what course? :biggrin: and is it your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
All I want is an offer from University of Strathclyde, that's it!! Ugh. I keep checking track and my email constantly.
Original post by halamadrid777
Hi .. for what course? :biggrin: and is it your first choice?

Law, you?
I am so happy for all you guys who have got offers already but it is making me really nervy! I am worried my application is weak and they will just look at it and laugh :colondollar:
I sent my application away on the third- I have A*A*A* predicted grades with a UMS average of 97.7% and I'm applying to Lancaster (AAB), Leeds (ABB), Newcastle (ABB-AAA), Aberdeen (BBB) and Durham (AAA). So far I've got one offer from Aberdeen (I got this before even sitting an AS exam, complicated story) but they haven't bothered themselves to confirm it on UCAS Track. I know it's early days but I'm getting a bit worried since I've heard so many people getting offers lol. Durham haven't even acknowledged my application.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex347_
I sent my application away on the third- I have A*A*A* predicted grades with a UMS average of 97.7% and I'm applying to Lancaster (AAB), Leeds (ABB), Newcastle (ABB-AAA), Aberdeen (BBB) and Durham (AAA). So far I've got one offer from Aberdeen (I got this before even sitting an AS exam, complicated story) but they haven't bothered themselves to confirm it on UCAS Track. I know it's early days but I'm getting a bit worried since I've heard so many people getting offers lol. Durham haven't even acknowledged my application.

Durham hasnt acknowledged anyone
Original post by chem@uni
Durham hasnt acknowledged anyone

Yeah I thought not, but it's annoying still lol.
Original post by alicerose2
I am so happy for all you guys who have got offers already but it is making me really nervy! I am worried my application is weak and they will just look at it and laugh :colondollar:

I know the feeling! My application was sent on the 10th so I shouldn't be expecting anything so soon, but I'm getting so impatient and worried about getting offers. I'm starting to think I should have applied for one "safer" choice.
Original post by Alex347_
Yeah I thought not, but it's annoying still lol.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2915077&page=4&p=50927837#post50927837 post here just to let people know
Original post by SvLy
*High five*
I've applied for French and Spanish at Bristol, Bath, Cambridge, Southampton and Nottingham. Haven't heard anything apart from acknowledgments from all of them but Nottingham.
I'm getting so impatient!

I wanna do French and Spanish too! Haha. Acknowledgements make me even more nervous cause it means they're either looking at it or they've got it! Hopefully they'll start rolling in soon, fingers crossed! :biggrin:
I have heard from all the universities apart from Imperial and it looks like I am not the only one!! Got 2 offers from Sheffield and Southampton and two acknowledgements from Surrey and Cambridge but absolutely nothing from Imperial!
Original post by Abbie :)
Yeah if I were in your shoes I wouldn't move up to Scotland haha

I was originally going to apply to Biology, it was always my second favourite subject at school :smile:

Good luck!!!

Ah thank you! Weirdly enough, I hated science right up until my GCSEs when I had a teacher who basically oozed enthusiasm for Biology, and here we are today.
Reply 595
Original post by jordan_s
I wanna do French and Spanish too! Haha. Acknowledgements make me even more nervous cause it means they're either looking at it or they've got it! Hopefully they'll start rolling in soon, fingers crossed! :biggrin:

Cool! Where have you applied to?
Original post by loperdoper
Ah thank you! Weirdly enough, I hated science right up until my GCSEs when I had a teacher who basically oozed enthusiasm for Biology, and here we are today.

I actually failed maths in 4th year, utterly hated it then when I had to resit in 5th year I realised I knew this **** and started to adore it because I understood it haha
Reply 597
Friend has received offers from Manchester and Birmingham for history today!!
Original post by SvLy
Cool! Where have you applied to?

Applied to Warwick, Exeter, Southampton, Sheffield and Manchester! I'm wondering whether some people are getting offers because they already exceed their course requirements? And are you applying for Modern/ Medieval languages at Cambridge? :biggrin:
Original post by emmasroberts
It's gorgeous!! I hope that's where I'll be spending the next 4 years!!

I have heard nothing but amazing things about Scotland. I'm excited for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending