The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

high priestess fnord
i personally think the greatest thing in the world to achieve is happyness but thats just me.

Yeah but maybe having kids will help some people achieve that
Reply 21
I am resigned to having at least two.

I hate kids sometimes, remind me of myself too much.
Bittersweet Symphony
Yeah but maybe having kids will help some people achieve that

some people it would but for me it wouldnt. Couldnt think of anything worse than have a screaming kid to look after.
high priestess fnord
i personally think the greatest thing in the world to achieve is happyness but thats just me.

Happiness by having children :wink: but just like you said, its just my opinion :smile:

I think some people don't want children at all because they mainly think about the downsides like the crying, nappys, bringing them up...etc but for me, the joy of having children outweighs the bad. :biggrin: Then again theres people who can't stand pain so they won't to go through it, which is understandable...but just think about the beauty of what you get at the end of the 9 months :smile:
Tractor-girlie
some people it would but for me it wouldnt. Couldnt think of anything worse than have a screaming kid to look after.

but they are sooo cute :p:
Awww that baby is sooooo sweet
And so expensive.:eek:

Its likely to be smiling as its just done a big poo in its nappy.
Reply 27
i think babies are ugly lol.
SketchyCanvas
Happiness by having children :wink: but just like you said, its just my opinion :smile:

I think some people don't want children at all because they mainly think about the downsides like the crying, nappys, bringing them up...etc but for me, the joy of having children outweighs the bad. :biggrin: Then again theres people who can't stand pain so they won't to go through it, which is understandable...but just think about the beauty of what you get at the end of the 9 months :smile:

what that little wrinkly purple thing that will do nothing but mew, drink, poo and throw up for the next few months? remember that at that point it cant even smile (luckily it cant scream properly either).
I know what you mean though lots of people are like that.. me and my friends were all out at the park the other day and this little kid was running along kicking a football and I was like awww look he's so sweet I cant wait to have kids, then half the people I was with were like :eek: you're crazy
Hmmm. I think I'd like kids... girl and a boy, I think. Not sure, though; I want to be barrister, so I don't know if I could realistically combine that with lots of kids! If I were going to have kids, I'd want to stay at home until they went to school/nursery, and do it properly - I don't think it's fair to offload them onto a nanny, so that'd be hard to combine with such a competetive career! :s-smilie: I hate being female sometimes. :frown: Will have to find myself a house-husband! :p:

EDIT: My mum's much like me in terms of needing to stay stimulated, and she swears that having me and my brother was the best decision she ever made, so...
hixey101
i think babies are ugly lol.

:eek: HOW can you say that?!?!? Look at the sweetness of that one up there
high priestess fnord
what that little wrinkly purple thing that will do nothing but mew, drink, poo and throw up for the next few months? remember that at that point it cant even smile (luckily it cant scream properly either).

but will also be the most greatest achievement in the world...bring a life into this world that is a part of you and your spouse, that you would love soo much that its immense, and can only be felt once you become a mother :smile: When someone feels that love, the whole 'mew,drink,poo and throw up' is nothing! :smile:
Bittersweet Symphony
I know what you mean though lots of people are like that.. me and my friends were all out at the park the other day and this little kid was running along kicking a football and I was like awww look he's so sweet I cant wait to have kids, then half the people I was with were like :eek: you're crazy

:ditto: :rofl:

Whenever i see a child playing around or..etc, i always go 'awwww i cant wait to have one' and all my friends think im crazy too :p: :redface:
hyper-little-mushroom-men
Hmmm. I think I'd like kids... girl and a boy, I think. Not sure, though; I want to be barrister, so I don't know if I could realistically combine that with lots of kids! If I were going to have kids, I'd want to stay at home until they went to school/nursery, and do it properly - I don't think it's fair to offload them onto a nanny, so that'd be hard to combine with such a competetive career! :s-smilie: I hate being female sometimes. :frown: Will have to find myself a house-husband! :p:

EDIT: My mum's much like me in terms of needing to stay stimulated, and she swears that having me and my brother was the best decision she ever made, so...

Ha ha I am just about to start a Law course so I know what you mean, dunno if I want to be a barrister yet though, I am considering it. I think you are right about doing it properly though I wouldnt want to be working all the hours god sends and never get to see my kids thats horrible...
SketchyCanvas
but will also be the most greatest achievement in the world...bring a life into this world that is a part of you and your spouse, that you would love soo much that its immense, and can only be felt once you become a mother :smile: When someone feels that love, the whole 'mew,drink,poo and throw up' is nothing! :smile:

What about when they are teenagers getting arresting throwing stuff at you and swearing?
I want a 24/7 career and money children would destory both me ideas, plus I want happiness which kids dont give me.
SketchyCanvas
:ditto: :rofl:

Whenever i see a child playing around or..etc, i always go 'awwww i cant wait to have one' and all my friends think im crazy too :p: :redface:

Lol I think we are the ones seeing sense not them :p:
Reply 37
I don't think that i want any children. I would rather have a career that takes up all my time and maybe a few kittens.
Tractor-girlie
What about when they are teenagers getting arresting throwing stuff at you and swearing?
I want a 24/7 career and money children would destory both me ideas, plus I want happiness which kids dont give me.

I assume you are a teenager atm? Do you do any of the above?!?
SketchyCanvas

you have never had to live with a small child have you? after the aww but its so small and cute thing wears off (usually about the point at which it has turned pink and has developed nice healthy lungs) you have the long slog of *i cant work out why its screaming and i havnt slept for days, why did i decide to do this???* beleive me, teething isnt fun.

Latest

Trending

Trending