The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
Remember you are only in the accomodation for 1 year, in reality, ~32 weeks total, so letting it be the defining factor may be a little over the top. Having said that, if everything else is totally even, then who am I to say that.

The only thing is a picture of a couple of rooms probably isn't the best way to judge the accomodation either.

I think there are some threads of pictures of people's rooms if you do a search. Quite old threads though.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I agree.. there are many things more important than accommodation. Unless you're put in a complete dive I guess, but York's colleges are all ok.

Check out http://www.yo10.co.uk/accommodation.php for photos though
Reply 3
Ooh havent seen that thanks.
Reply 4
Remember you are only in the accomodation for 1 year, in reality, ~32 weeks total, so letting it be the defining factor may be a little over the top. Having said that, if everything else is totally even, then who am I to say that.

Yeah, it is a case of everything else being THAT even, the only thing I can even think about to differentiate them is the accommodation (believe me I've done the research!!!) . lol, picking a uni is hard :frown:
Anon-a-mouse
Yeah, it is a case of everything else being THAT even, the only thing I can even think about to differentiate them is the accommodation (believe me I've done the research!!!) . lol, picking a uni is hard :frown:

I think trying to decide on accommodation may not be best as I'm sure the accommodation at many univeristies differes as much between the best and worst as it does at York and there is very little guarantee that you get one o the best places, even if you ask for it.

That said, you might think the accommodation on offer at one places is generally much better than the accommodation on offer elsewhere.

Perosnalyl, I don't think anything is that bad at York. Loads is now fairly new or refurbished, so the chances of getting a bad place are quite small now compared to a few years ago.

The site linked to above is perhaps the best (or easiest) bet at finding pictures.

Latest