The Student Room Group

Worried that no-one will like me cos i'm fat

Hey guys, I go to uni in 2 days, and I'm getting so insecure about my weight and figure!! Its got to the point where I'm almost certain that everyone is gonna look me up and down and bitch about me behind my back for being overweight. ive been dieting for a while and i'm still a size 12 which ive read on this forum that you guys think is fat... so im getting sooo worried that nobody is gonna like me or want to talk to me... what shall i do? ive even started having nightmares that everybody at uni looks like models and im gonna be the ugly chick... im so worried about this... :frown: :frown: :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dear god.

please make it stop.
amen
I reckon Im fat! And only pretty on the odd good day. HOWEVER, if people dont like me because of that, then they can **** right off and I'll much enjoy destroying them in some way! Lol!!!!!!

Dont worry about it, Uni's gonna be full of all sorts.
Reply 3
notts
dear god.

please make it stop.
amen

:ditto:
Reply 4
Nobody is going to give a crap about being friends with you because of your weight. You'll make plenty of friends.

As for whether you're overweight or not... you could be really short and therefore fat at a size 12, whereas you could be tall or whatever.

Either way I wouldn't worry about making friends because you don't have the body of a model.
Reply 5
Emerald
:ditto:

lolx... yeah exactly. I third that.

Anyway, yeah... people who do not like you merely because you are fat are not friends worth having.

On a totally different issue, you most probably should lose some weight because it's healthier, not because more people will like you. Wrong reason.
Reply 6
Uni is/should be full of mature people, no-one should judge you like that. If they do, they're hardly worth knowing are they?

People come in different shapes and sizes, and uni is by no means full of "models"...
There are loads of very different people at uni, dont worry if you have friends now you will make friends when you get there too.
Well done on getting an offer.
Well done on getting the grades and becoming unconditional.
Well done on accepting and going in 2 days - not everyone is that lucky.

Everyone is going to be in the same situation, you'll meet hundreds of new people. To bitch about you someone (int heir first week at uni!) is gonna have to find someone who won't judge them for bitching, find out if they know you, and judge your size. Instead of going out and meeting new people / getting drunk / getting to lectures. By the time everyone is settled down you';ll have a few acquaintances and probably a few nice friends.

Size 12 is not that big anyway, although it depends on youir height (says a size 12 girl :rolleyes:). Don't listen to people on TSR, they'll tell you that size 12 is fat and at the same time that being obese is normal, that Indian guys are the most attractve people and that Indian guys can't get girlfriends, that underage sex is great and that you should wait until marriage, that spiders can kill and that you should hold one to overcome your fear, that you should love your parents and that your parents are selfish messed up bunch of idiots, that running away from home because you're gay is normal and that that being gay is normal too, etc,etc,etc.... :rolleyes: The majority of TSRians are opinionated and a few are anonymous, others aren't as discrete as in real life. People on-line say things they wouldn't say in person. Someone who critisizes underage drinking here on TSR probably goes to pub with his mates, drinks water while watching his mates getting drunk, and never even considers critisising them or asking them to stop, like he does on-line. Even the totally truthful people will be at least polite / not confident enough to start bitching about someone else with someone they've just met. Whatever we say, we care about the opinions that others have of us. My poin it (you might be lost by now :biggrin:) be yourself and think of all the people who have ever been nice to you, you'll probably meet even more of them at uni where there are soooo many different people with different attitudes and interests.

Good luck & enjoy uni! :smile:
Don't fret sweetheart. Just because there are a handful of morons on here who make us women feel inferior because we're not sticks, it's not to say people at uni will even think twice about your figure.

I can't believe some of you knobs have brainwashed these kids into thinking they're fat at size 12.

Ignore what you read here hun. There are a lot of judgemental idiots on these forums.
tanusha-tomsk

Everyone is going to be in the same situation, you'll meet hundreds of new people. To bitch about you someone (int heir first week at uni!) is gonna have to find someone who won't judge them for bitching, find out if they know you, and judge your size. Instead of going out and meeting new people / getting drunk / getting to lectures. By the time everyone is settled down you';ll have a few acquaintances and probably a few nice friends.

Size 12 is not that big anyway, although it depends on youir height (says a size 12 girl :rolleyes:). Don't listen to people on TSR, they'll tell you that size 12 is fat and at the same time that being obese is normal, that Indian guys are the most attractve people and that Indian guys can't get girlfriends, that underage sex is great and that you should wait until marriage, that spiders can kill and that you should hold one to overcome your fear, that you should love your parents and that your parents are selfish messed up bunch of idiots, that running away from home because you're gay is normal and that that being gay is normal too, etc,etc,etc.... :rolleyes: The majority of TSRians are opinionated and a few are anonymous, others aren't as discrete as in real life. People on-line say things they wouldn't say in person. Someone who critisizes underage drinking here on TSR probably goes to pub with his mates, drinks water while watching his mates getting drunk, and never even considers critisising them or asking them to stop, like he does on-line. Even the totally truthful people will be at least polite / not confident enough to start bitching about someone else with someone they've just met. Whatever we say, we care about the opinions that others have of us. My poin it (you might be lost by now :biggrin:) be yourself and think of all the people who have ever been nice to you, you'll probably meet even more of them at uni where there are soooo many different people with different attitudes and interests.

Rep for you!! :smile:
Reply 11
thanks tanusha, that was so helpful. :smile:

btw for everyone who keeps asking how tall i am, im about 5ft7
Jesus... do people actually believe a size 12 is fat?!
Anyways, lots of people will be in the same position as you at uni and I doubt anyone who is going to start bitching about people in the first week for silly things like their weight is going to be liked very much anyway so screw them. Just be yourself and try to have a good time and you're bound to make lots of friends. I'm sure you'll be ok!
tanusha-tomsk

You said it:biggrin:
Rep to you:smile:
Reply 14
it seems like none of the girls think that size 12 is fat, but most of the guys do on here... why is this??
Tall enough! :smile: Definitely! I'm 5ft4 and size 12 (and before anyone jumps in and says I'm fat, here is a picture of someone 5ft4 size 12. Okay I admit it's me. I think I'm fat from time to time, admittedly, but it doesn't stop me from being happy and having many good friends.)

Thanks for the rep people :biggrin:
Anonymous
it seems like none of the girls think that size 12 is fat, but most of the guys do on here... why is this??

I would guess that most men dont know what size 12 looks like, if they do then they are happy hiding behind there computer being idiots.
Reply 17
Anonymous
ive been dieting for a while and i'm still a size 12 which ive read on this forum that you guys think is fat...

Being a size 12 doesn't make you fat. I'm a size 12 and am only three or four pounds over my minimum healthy weight. So that's that theory scrapped.

Now, would you personally judge someone and bitch about them for being black? Or being male? Or being ginger? Or wearing unfashionable clothes? If not, then why do you think everyone is going to be so judgemental about you. Don't stress over stuff because that will give them reason not to like you. If you are comfortable and confident with who you are then they're far more likely to want to be your friend and get to know you than if you're a nervous wreck and stupidly insecure.

In short, not everyone is a total arse. So stop worrying. :smile:
Reply 18
little_red_sox
Don't fret sweetheart. Just because there are a handful of morons on here who make us women feel inferior because we're not sticks, it's not to say people at uni will even think twice about your figure.

I can't believe some of you knobs have brainwashed these kids into thinking they're fat at size 12.

Ignore what you read here hun. There are a lot of judgemental idiots on these forums.

i intensely dislike you.

what does she need to ignore? so far everyone has said being size 12 isnt a problem.

to the OP, stop being ridiculous, size 12 and 5 ft 7 isnt even remotely fat, and no one really cares anyway.
if the rest of society isnt all supermodels, why would you think uni was?
Reply 19
Tractor-girlie
I would guess that most men dont know what size 12 looks like, if they do then they are happy hidding behind there computer being idiots.

I don't see why having an opinion that happens to clash with yours is being an idiot.

Latest

Trending

Trending