The Student Room Group

Law offers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by ckotool
Has anyone received offers from Durham, Exeter or Newcastle?

Ive received an offer of AAA from Exeter but nothing else. Mega freaking out about not getting any other offers!!
Original post by lydmae
Ive received an offer of AAA from Exeter but nothing else. Mega freaking out about not getting any other offers!!

When did you send your application in?
Reply 182
Original post by MoHoosen9167
When did you send your application in?

8th October. I got my exeter offer a week later
Original post by lydmae
8th October. I got my exeter offer a week later

Thanks! How long after your acknowledgement did you get your offer? :smile:
Reply 184
Thanks! How long after your acknowledgement did you get your offer? :smile:

You're welcome :smile: I got the offer about three days after the acknowledgment. Where have you applied?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lydmae
You're welcome :smile: I got the offer about free days after the acknowledgment. Where have you applied?

I've applied to:
QMUL
Leeds
Exeter
Liverpool
Edinburgh

Edit: I didn't read up, AAA from Exeter...
Original post by Alleykat606
Offer from QMUL :smile:

no word from any LNAT universities yet - took the test about 2 weeks ago

Congratulations! if u dont mind telling,What was the offer QMUL gave you?
Reply 187
I've applied to:
QMUL
Leeds
Exeter
Liverpool
Edinburgh

Edit: I didn't read up, AAA from Exeter...

Aw that's good. If you don't mind me asking, what were your AS grades?
Original post by lydmae
Aw that's good. If you don't mind me asking, what were your AS grades?

'Pending', I go to school on the Isle of Man and we've been told to put our AS grades as 'pending'. They're AABC, but I'm resitting some Chem modules to bring it up to an A. (That was the B).
I've had offers from Leeds and Leicester (with politics) but yet to hear from KCL, Cambridge and Warwick. When I rang KCL, they said they usually wait a little while to see the 'average' score for the LNAT and then decide on a cut-off.
Original post by lydmae

I phoned up Durham and they said they're just doing it as your name pops up on their system (who knows if thats chronological, alphabetical or random) so I wouldn't worry. Look at the law offers page 2013 on tsr to get an indication of when people received offers.

I would say only worry if you haven't heard anything in a month from now :smile:
Original post by ckotool
Has anyone received offers from Durham, Exeter or Newcastle?

Waiting on Durham, got Newcastle on the 14th Oct and Exeter on the 17th.

Sent off UCAS on 22nd September I think
I applied on the 10th of October to Oxford and Exeter for law with European law and Edinburgh, Bristol and Durham for straight law. As of today I have received all acknowledgements but unfortunately no offers yet!
Original post by Miladrises
Guys i need advice,

I havent applied yet but before doing so need to know why you guys are applying to law? Firstly isnt the degree itself dry and boring. And secondly isnt it very hard to get a law training contract so very very hard to get a job or atleast a well paid one?

Thanks for the advice.

Also if i do apply where woukd you suggest i apply with my grades?

Gcse: 3A* 5A
As: AABB (bio, chem, maths and religous studies) - dropped maths
A2 predicted: A*AA

Thanks!

Law is a lot of work, my sister started the degree this year at uni, and she says parts can be dry but equally she finds lots of it very interesting. For example a lot of what you study links in with politics (re EU factortame cases etc.) also many unis like Oxford study law philosophically, so if, for example, the concept of the rule of law and digging into morality interest you then it should be good.

Graduate prospect-wise, if compared to humanity courses it outstrips all of them (so if the choice is Geog/rs/hist/eng vs law then generally law seems to set you up better). Also I would contend that a degree of 2:1 and higher from a decent uni will guarantee you a job at a city firm if that's what you want and you have worked to get the required work experience.

See these two links: the first presents evidence of graduate prospects and gives an indication of what a 'decent' uni is (it gives a list at the bottom)

the second is from a lawyer website, which they all use in London firms, detailing salaries from each of the firms.

http://d1d1tdqerevjwu.cloudfront.net/resources/2013/What_is_a_good_university.pdf

http://www.rollonfriday.com/InsideInfo/UKCityFirms/tabid/68/Default.aspx

(for the second link, each column represents another year)
Original post by sugaratoms
Congrats! When did you send off your ucas?

Oh my wow well done :-) when did you send your application off?

thank you! sent it off 30th September, got an acknowledgement about a week later, and received my offer on the 22nd October :smile:

Original post by Championt1
Congratulations! if u dont mind telling,What was the offer QMUL gave you?

don't know yet! QMUL just sent an email directly telling me that I've got a place - hasn't gone through on UCAS track yet. It'll probably be A*AA
Original post by zimbo97
I phoned up Durham and they said they're just doing it as your name pops up on their system (who knows if thats chronological, alphabetical or random) so I wouldn't worry. Look at the law offers page 2013 on tsr to get an indication of when people received offers.

I would say only worry if you haven't heard anything in a month from now :smile:

You definitely shouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything in a month. The deadline for most universities is 15th January, so November is still really early in the process. Durham have an FAQ about this on their website: www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/faqs/?faqno=3203 and they make most of their offers between January and March. :smile:
Original post by rachwilko03

Negative for me too
Guys! I've gotten acknowledgement from:
QMUL
Exeter
Leeds
Edinburgh

Just Liverpool now! So nervous/excited. Good luck
Reply 198
Hi Guys

I am confused about the LNAT , when would I need to take the exam as I will submit my UCAS application by the 13th of November.
Reply 199
Guys! I've gotten acknowledgement from:
QMUL
Exeter
Leeds
Edinburgh

Just Liverpool now! So nervous/excited. Good luck

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending