The Student Room Group

Law offers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Guys I'm applying today with 40 IB points LNAT taken and a potentially strong PS I think and applying for
QMUL
Kings
UCL
LSE
Bristol.

Do you think I stand a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied on 4th November to QM, Bristol, Southampton, Exeter and Kent. Haven't done my LNAT yet but got offers from So'ton (AAB), Exeter (AAA) and Kent (AAB) so far. :smile:
Invited to an interview at QMUL
(not sure why I've got an interview and some have just got offers but still, it's a start)

Edit: Turns out it was just an offer to come to a law event at QMUL, I have received an offer (or so they say) but track hasn't updated yet to confirm it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Caitlan
Invited to an interview at QMUL
(not sure why I've got an interview and some have just got offers but still, it's a start)

Edit: Turns out it was just an offer to come to a law event at QMUL, I have received an offer (or so they say) but track hasn't updated yet to confirm it

Congratulations!! When did you apply?
Original post by exammaster69
Applied on 4th November to QM, Bristol, Southampton, Exeter and Kent. Haven't done my LNAT yet but got offers from So'ton (AAB), Exeter (AAA) and Kent (AAB) so far. :smile:

What were your ASs and your predicted if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Munchies
Well my predicted grades are A*AB, what do you think the chances are of me getting an offer? Is Exeter your firm choice then?

I'd say your chances of getting an offer are very good, as long as you take reasonable A levels ofc.

My options are Oxford, Durham, Newcastle, Exeter and Manchester, so Ox/Dur are top two, Manchester is bottom and Newcastle/Exeter are competing, but NC having upgraded my offer to unconditional if I firm them sooo not sure.
Offers today came from both UEA and City university with predicted AAB.
Original post by anushkasikka
Guys I'm applying today with 40 IB points LNAT taken and a potentially strong PS I think and applying for
QMUL
Kings
UCL
LSE
Bristol.

Do you think I stand a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds pretty good, have you done GCSEs?
Original post by zimbo97
I'd say your chances of getting an offer are very good, as long as you take reasonable A levels ofc.

My options are Oxford, Durham, Newcastle, Exeter and Manchester, so Ox/Dur are top two, Manchester is bottom and Newcastle/Exeter are competing, but NC having upgraded my offer to unconditional if I firm them sooo not sure.

Oooooo well done on the conditional, I'm praying I get atleast one!
Original post by hopesndreams
Congratulations!! When did you apply?

Thank you, 11th of October

For anybody interested, my offer has now registered on track, A*AA(as expected)
Original post by The Munchies
Oooooo well done on the conditional, I'm praying I get atleast one!

With A*AB you'll be fine, where are you applying?
Original post by zimbo97
With A*AB you'll be fine, where are you applying?

Thanks. I've applied to King's College, Bristol, Exeter, Reading and Brunel. Already got an offer from Reading
Am I the only one without any offers yet lol
Original post by georgieooooo
What were your ASs and your predicted if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My AS were AAA in Economics, Law and Sociology, and my predicted grades were A*AA :smile:
Has anyone heard from Warwick yet? If so what's the first letter of your surname?:colondollar: :rolleyes:
Original post by shann_ng
Good luck everyone with their applications!

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me, I was going to apply to warwick LLB, but now I am wanting to apply for law with social sciences so i have the flexibility to choose modules from departments in business, economics, philosophy etc but am worried that that is 'less respected'? It is the same entry requirements though, but still am unsure.

Would you all say that they are seen as on the same level degree wise or?

Thankyou!!

I could be wrong but I think it's a BA in law rather than an LLB if you do social sciences with it. But if you like the degree go for it!
Oh, and a C in English lit
Nope, I'm still on zero

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Liverpool, Lincoln, Royal Holloway, Roehampton and Surrey, I've received offers from the first three already :smile:
I applied to QMUL last year though, they are slow to reply and track usually shows the offer much later, although my offer was made just before christmas so I didn't see what it was until January!
Original post by Missgeehughes
I could be wrong but I think it's a BA in law rather than an LLB if you do social sciences with it. But if you like the degree go for it!

yeah it is a BA! Do you think that is okay? or is that less respected? I would like to do law with social sciences as opposed to law but not if it will hinder my career :frown: especially seen as it is same entry requirements!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending