The Student Room Group

Law offers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hrhrhr13
Anyone heard anything from Wadham college Oxford?

still waiting...
Original post by BrianPeppers
My GCSEs were good but not outstanding, 4A* 7A. If i can get an interview there's hope for anyone haha, and thank you:smile:

Is that the college you originally applied to? And were they late in giving you the offer?
Original post by BrianPeppers
Got an interview with Somerville today!

It definitely isn't all down to grades, my AS results were ABBC and my Personal Statement was average at best.

Perhaps they put a lot of weight on the LNAT?

I'm not bothered in any case, just buzzing to have even got an interview

You must have really impressed them with your LNAT - congrats!
Anyone heard from Worcester? Well done person above! That's awesome news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hrhrhr13
Anyone heard anything from Wadham college Oxford?

I'm still waiting!!! Hopefully tomorrow
Original post by 105263
Is that the college you originally applied to? And were they late in giving you the offer?

I applied under an open application and was assigned to Somerville a few weeks ago. I got my offer at the same time as all the others I believe
Original post by Kav123
Yeah I recieved an offer from them last week, I did my LNAT like a few weeks before I applied to Unis just to get it out of the way. Have you done yours? :smile:

Congrats :smile:. May I ask when you sent off your application? I sent mine off about 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting. So nervous. Bham is probably going to be my firm if I get an offer hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Original post by sswanny88
I got a rejection letter today saying they are no longer considering my application but thank you. Nice to get a letter rather than email!

i am sure there are other terrific universities. do you happen to be an international applicant?
Waiting on Warwick. Sent application off on 23rd October. Anyone received an offer? If so, when did you apply and grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Walkeer_1
Waiting on Warwick. Sent application off on 23rd October. Anyone received an offer? If so, when did you apply and grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my application off on 10th October and received a conditional offer of AAA on the 13th November. My AS grades were AABC and I had 7A* 3A 1B at GCSE. Hope you hear back from them soon :smile: Good luck
Any Lancaster applicants?
Original post by TheMagican
Any Lancaster applicants?

Me for Law with Criminology, I have an offer :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an interview for queens oxford
I got AABC at AS and 8A*2A at gcse
i think lnat and personal statement helped me to be considered
Original post by lawprincess18

Oh wow, congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lawprincess18

Congrats! I also got AABC at AS and 7A* 3A 1B at GCSE but was rejected by Magdalen College, Oxford - I thought it was a long-shot considering my grades, but I must've messed up my LNAT and/or had a weak personal statement.

Still, congrats on your interview! :smile:
Original post by Jimmy007uk
Congrats! I also got AABC at AS and 7A* 3A 1B at GCSE but was rejected by Magdalen College, Oxford - I thought it was a long-shot considering my grades, but I must've messed up my LNAT and/or had a weak personal statement.

Still, congrats on your interview! :smile:

Do you guys declare your AS grades on the UCAS form?
My school has a policy of not disclosing AS grades and only putting down predicted grades.
Original post by stichybabe
Do you guys declare your AS grades on the UCAS form?
My school has a policy of not disclosing AS grades and only putting down predicted grades.

Yep, I did. Does your school hold your grades and tell you at the end of the two years? Or do you know your AS grades but just policy to not put them down?
Reply 797
Just got an unconditional offer from Newcastle!
Just got an interview for Law at Wadham College, Oxford! So excited, I cannot believe it! I genuinely thought I wouldn't have a chance!

Now I have all offers, unconditional at Keele, AAA at Birmingham, AAA at Warwick, and an interview for York and Oxford!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for offers and updates!
Reply 799
Hello, I've just sent my UCAS form off. I've applied for Law at Warwick, Surrey, Kent, Reading and Swansea - does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an offer/rejection from these uni's?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending