The Student Room Group

Law offers 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for law to LSE, KCL, UCL, and QML.
I got 3 A*s and 5 As in IGCSE and I'm yet to appear for my boards of 12th grade. Doing an Indian board. I've attended court hearings and I'm into current affairs and I've talked about all of that in my personal statement. I got an award for academic excellence in IGCSE. I have a good reference as well.
I appeared for the LNAT in dec. and dont have the results yet.
Do I have a chance of getting in?
Original post by shann_ng
I have applied for law with social sciences at warwick and they are taking so so long :frown:

Yet loads of people seem to have offers for straight law, so unfair :frown:
Original post by elmward1996
Yet loads of people seem to have offers for straight law, so unfair :frown:

I agree so much! Loads of people have and its just awful having to wait-_- they are my first choice too! Are they yours?
Original post by kashni11
I'm applying for law to LSE, KCL, UCL, and QML.
I got 3 A*s and 5 As in IGCSE and I'm yet to appear for my boards of 12th grade. Doing an Indian board. I've attended court hearings and I'm into current affairs and I've talked about all of that in my personal statement. I got an award for academic excellence in IGCSE. I have a good reference as well.
I appeared for the LNAT in dec. and dont have the results yet.
Do I have a chance of getting in?

I would definitely say that you have a chance of getting in. Your grades are pretty good and with knowledge of current affairs you've probably evidenced an impressive legal interest in your personal statement. That should be enough to impress the admissions board. When did you send off your application?
I agree so much! Loads of people have and its just awful having to wait-_- they are my first choice too! Are they yours?

Should've just gone for straight law! Yeah they are, I have an offer from Newcastle which is a close second, but so long as I get an offer from Warwick- the chances are I'm going to firm them :')
Should've just gone for straight law! Yeah they are, I have an offer from Newcastle which is a close second, but so long as I get an offer from Warwick- the chances are I'm going to firm them :')

I have thought that so many times, before I even applied for Warwick I was debating which course would be better now I'm seriously worried I won't get an offer cos I bet there's less places on these courses :frown: I have an offer from Birmingham which is a close second too but I think I will firm Warwick if i get an offer. I hate waiting haha
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Just got my offer from LSE A*AA!! Phew :tongue:

havent heard from them yet, getting really worried:frown:
when did you apply? I applied pretty early tbh
I have thought that so many times, before I even applied for Warwick I was debating which course would be better now I'm seriously worried I won't get an offer cos I bet there's less places on these courses :frown: I have an offer from Birmingham which is a close second too but I think I will firm Warwick if i get an offer. I hate waiting haha

I thought the exact same, and literally told myself to have more confidence and go for it anyway, perhaps that's a bad decision on our part. But it might not be and in a couple of weeks time we may very well have offers:smile: Just keep telling yourself that they must pool the applications for joint law courses and decide after the UCAS deadline, that's what I'm doing!
Original post by lucheal
Still waiting on UCL and LSE. They recieved my application on 11th of October, has anyone who applied after me heard from them yet?

same as you, getting so worried man
Original post by vivthehyper
havent heard from them yet, getting really worried:frown:
when did you apply? I applied pretty early tbh

I applied on the 17th November :smile: Don't get worried, so many people are still waiting on offers, I think LSE send them out in batches so I'm sure yours will come through some time soon :smile:
I thought the exact same, and literally told myself to have more confidence and go for it anyway, perhaps that's a bad decision on our part. But it might not be and in a couple of weeks time we may very well have offers:smile: Just keep telling yourself that they must pool the applications for joint law courses and decide after the UCAS deadline, that's what I'm doing!

Yeah, maybe we are just getting anxious for no reason at all. That's true because straight law is a simple decision by just one department, for joint courses they have to decide collectively. I'm going with that haha. Did you have any worries about grad prospects because I didn't know if maybe joint courses were seen as less respectable then just law? Then again, the entry requirements are the exact same!
I applied on the 17th November :smile: Don't get worried, so many people are still waiting on offers, I think LSE send them out in batches so I'm sure yours will come through some time soon :smile:

gosh i sent it around the deadline of oxbridge :frown:
im from hk and im not doing alevels, dont know if that matters tho:frown:
Yeah, maybe we are just getting anxious for no reason at all. That's true because straight law is a simple decision by just one department, for joint courses they have to decide collectively. I'm going with that haha. Did you have any worries about grad prospects because I didn't know if maybe joint courses were seen as less respectable then just law? Then again, the entry requirements are the exact same!

I know that ideally in the future I want to focus on corporate law anyway, so any further business knowledge will only be an asset to me really.. however I did panic a little when I looked at the league tables last week to see that Newcastle is technically the better university for law, but wherever we go we're still going to have to be the best we can be to compete for training contracts! Do you? and I'm sure if we got in and panicked about being better off studying straight law, there must be a way to switch courses once you're there!:smile:
I'm in exactly same position, I really want to pursue corporate law after I graduate. I didn't get an A in maths so couldn't apply for law with business so instead applied for law with social sciences cos then I can still do modules from the business department haha! Birmingham is technically above Warwick too but I think Warwick overall is seen as quite prestigious, especially with employers. Did you apply for law with business at Newcastle too? You're right I'm sure we would be able to switch over!
I have got one but I am waiting to get something better. :frown:
I'm in exactly same position, I really want to pursue corporate law after I graduate. I didn't get an A in maths so couldn't apply for law with business so instead applied for law with social sciences cos then I can still do modules from the business department haha! Birmingham is technically above Warwick too but I think Warwick overall is seen as quite prestigious, especially with employers. Did you apply for law with business at Newcastle too? You're right I'm sure we would be able to switch over!

Ahh I see, that's freakily similar! :') That's true, such a hard decision to make, and its petrifying to think we'll have made it soon! Unfortunately not, Newcastle don't offer a joint degree for law so just applied for straight law there; have an offer from Liverpool for law with business though!
Ahh I see, that's freakily similar! :') That's true, such a hard decision to make, and its petrifying to think we'll have made it soon! Unfortunately not, Newcastle don't offer a joint degree for law so just applied for straight law there; have an offer from Liverpool for law with business though!

Haha, I know right, and oh fair enough! Sounds great though, good luck with your application hopefully we will both get offers soon and be at Warwick come later this year!
Haha, I know right, and oh fair enough! Sounds great though, good luck with your application hopefully we will both get offers soon and be at Warwick come later this year!

Hopefully! And aw thank you, good luck to you too!:biggrin:
I would definitely say that you have a chance of getting in. Your grades are pretty good and with knowledge of current affairs you've probably evidenced an impressive legal interest in your personal statement. That should be enough to impress the admissions board. When did you send off your application?

I havent sent off my app yet. The deadline is jan 15th and i'm going to send it off in about 3 more days..I still think I need to re-draft my personal statement.
Got offers from both Exeter and Bristol (don't know how I did it, got 3 Bs at AS level). Which one do I firm? Which one is better for law/the better university? Is it worth firming one and insurance the other when they have the same entry requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending