The Student Room Group

off to work

heading to walk through birmingham i noticed something. Every person was pretty much doing the same thing as i was heading off to the office or whatever.

This thing that i noticed was everyone looked miserable, everyone seemed to be trudging along heads bowed heading for the daily grind and i asked myself is there no fun in life anymore, is that all any of us can look forward day in day out the weekly grind just to put food on a table for ourselves and pay our bills.

Is this all that there is to our existance work work work? I feel sorry for you guys in college and uni, im not insulting you or anything but all that seems to await you after fully leving education (i know most of you work bloody hard outside of yur study times) is joining the rest of the pointless day to day cycle of the grind.

there doesnt seem to be any fun any more to life, everyone just seems to have stopped living and started existing merely cos theres nothing left.

anyone else noticed this?
Reply 1
I've noticed a load of bored people, yes. Personally, at uni, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. There's always night's to enjoy. The boring bit, i.e. work, is just an incentive to enjoy your nights out more.

Either that, or its just Birmingham... is a bit of a dump lol :p:
Reply 2
It took you so long to notice!!
Live for the weekends, or get a job you enjoy.
Necessary evil I'm afraid.
Reply 3
i have a friend at uni in birmingham and he looves it :smile: he says the city in areas is glorious
Reply 4
Well Birmingham is no different to any where else. Although Selly Oak and Lozell aren't going to cheer anyone up.

Maybe mass suicide is the answer.

Latest

Trending

Trending