The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LJDRx
Ah we understand eachother!

How comes more likely Exeter then? And I am warming to Warwick. I think the campus is much larger, thus why there is many more societies and things going on. Also the price of accomodation in Exeter is craaaazy for what you get! All that aside, the place itself is gorgeous isn't it. However I worry about lack of nightlife, whilst Warwick has the neighbouring towns to drunkenly venture into.

Haha, Hi5!!!
Coventry however isn't really the nicest place you would wanna live in. Besides, when i went to see warwick's campus, the lecturer himself advised me to stay within the campus and not to leave. It seemed like Exeter's atmosphere was more joyful as well the landscape. It's also only 30 mins away from the beach. I was slightly concerned about the nightlife too, but then again, I doubt it'll be significantly less than Exeter
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Arkasia
Is everyone here on the FB group for Exeter Applicants/Freshers 2015?

I've found a group on fb, but I've seen that it's 2014-2015. Has someone created a new group?
Original post by Dubhe1996
I've found a group on fb, but I've seen that it's 2014-2015. Has someone created a new group?

This is the offer holders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/771491732905027/

This is the freshers (those who firmed I think): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1555767977991782/?fref=ts
Original post by Arkasia
This is the offer holders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/771491732905027/

This is the freshers (those who firmed I think): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1555767977991782/?fref=ts

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Dubhe1996
Thank you! :smile:

No problem :wink:
Reply 1385
Original post by Saif94
Haha, Hi5!!!
Coventry however isn't really the nicest place you would wanna live in. Besides, when i went to see warwick's campus, the lecturer himself advised me to stay within the campus and not to leave. It seemed like Exeter's atmosphere was more joyful as well the landscape. It's also only 30 mins away from the beach. I was slightly concerned about the nightlife too, but then again, I doubt it'll be significantly less than Exeter

Yeah thats true. However my boyfriend's sister went to Warwick and she said basically everyone moved to Leamington Spa and not to Coventry, as you've already got Cov Uni students there. Hmm yeah thats true, major selling point there!
I guess if theres not massive differences in factors like social life etc, then it's just the course itself.
Is anyone else still waiting?
Original post by callum_r
Is anyone else still waiting?

Yes! For clinical psychology and I applied in October and had my interview first week of December and I emailed them last week and still haven't heard!?!?!

It's so annoying because applications for accommodation for my other unis opens soon...
What course did you apply for?
Original post by LJDRx
Yeah thats true. However my boyfriend's sister went to Warwick and she said basically everyone moved to Leamington Spa and not to Coventry, as you've already got Cov Uni students there. Hmm yeah thats true, major selling point there!
I guess if theres not massive differences in factors like social life etc, then it's just the course itself.

Fair point. What's the ranking of warwick and exeter for your course? :smile:
Original post by LJDRx

Oh and, what's the area like? I haven't been to leamington spa.......
Original post by AnikaaKeys
Yes! For clinical psychology and I applied in October and had my interview first week of December and I emailed them last week and still haven't heard!?!?!

It's so annoying because applications for accommodation for my other unis opens soon...
What course did you apply for?

It's ridiculous now! I rang them yesterday and I just received the generic 'we're still considering your application... we've had a lot this year' Perhaps you could try ringing them, see if that speeds them up for you!

And I applied for law, is clinical psychology and overly-competitive course? That's my only reasoning to why they are taking so long
Original post by federico123
Just firmed for Philosophy and Politics, anyone else doing a similar course?

I firmed for Politics! What grades have they asked you for? :smile:
I've applied for PPE, I gave them a ring 3 weeks ago asking them about my application and they said it's still being considered and a decision will hopefully be made by the end of the week. 3 weeks have passed and no decision has been made 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devika07
I firmed for Politics! What grades have they asked you for? :smile:

A*AB-AAA you?
Reply 1394
Original post by Saif94
Fair point. What's the ranking of warwick and exeter for your course? :smile:

For English Lit they're both pretty similar but Warwick may just top it. Wby?
And Leamington Spa when I went is nice, just like a normal town really, with a shopping centre and lots of places to eat. Not massive but not quiet
Original post by LJDRx
For English Lit they're both pretty similar but Warwick may just top it. Wby?
And Leamington Spa when I went is nice, just like a normal town really, with a shopping centre and lots of places to eat. Not massive but not quiet

Rankings tend to differ depending on which league table i use. According to the guardian, exeter is 6th and I think warwick is 15th. Both still in the top 20, so not too bad, I suppose.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi! Does anyone know about Nash Grove or St Germans accommodation? They both look nice on the website, but I haven't had a chance to see them 😊
Any suggestions for a third choice? I've already picked Lafrowda and Birks Grange.
Reply 1398
Original post by Arkasia
Any suggestions for a third choice? I've already picked Lafrowda and Birks Grange.

Rowe House or St Germans look pretty nice, similar price range and en suite also :smile: I think Rowe is really close to Lafrowda as well.
Original post by lydp4
Rowe House or St Germans look pretty nice, similar price range and en suite also :smile: I think Rowe is really close to Lafrowda as well.

st germans is 4 houses and is between rowe house and lafrowda. all are sort of around a lawn. the laundry is the same for all 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending