The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance of getting an offer

I thinking about apply to loughbrough uni to do either physics BSc or Mphys. My predicted grades are BCE and the minimum grades according to there website is BBB for BSc or ABB for Mphs. But it says that 89% of people recive an offer who applied for physics BSc last year and in the last 3 years 10% of people who got on the course had worse grades than BBB. And for Mphys 100% of applicants revived an offer last year and in the last 3 years 5% of people had grades worse than BBB. Do I have a chance of getting an offer, also I have been told by teachers that if I work hard enough it is relaistic for me to get grades of BBB/BBC but they can't predict that based on my AS levels, I made the mistake of thinking I was cleverer than I am based on my GCSEs
Original post by AM_96
I thinking about apply to loughbrough uni to do either physics BSc or Mphys. My predicted grades are BCE and the minimum grades according to there website is BBB for BSc or ABB for Mphs. But it says that 89% of people recive an offer who applied for physics BSc last year and in the last 3 years 10% of people who got on the course had worse grades than BBB. And for Mphys 100% of applicants revived an offer last year and in the last 3 years 5% of people had grades worse than BBB. Do I have a chance of getting an offer, also I have been told by teachers that if I work hard enough it is relaistic for me to get grades of BBB/BBC but they can't predict that based on my AS levels, I made the mistake of thinking I was cleverer than I am based on my GCSEs

I don't know much about Loughborough but I think it's extremely unlikely. What did you get an AS? If it's anything below BCC, I wouldn't risk it to be honest. With a BCE prediction, I'm assuming you got that or lower at AS. Even with higher predictions, I can't see how they could give you an offer given that it's virtually impossible for you to actually achieve their standard offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Is it too late to try and get a predicted grade changed
Reply 3
Also if there is a low number of applicants will my chance of getting an offer increase
Original post by AM_96

I think realistically speaking your chances are weak but it won't hurt to use one of your 5 options for the Loughborough course and it's also still possible to switch to Mphys from Bsc.

I'm in a really similar position. Applying to foundation courses as they're mostly between CCC - BBC. If you're looking for other places who have accepted lower grades despite claiming high typical offers, Salford and Hertfordshire seem to fit that description but they still seem pretty good and are fully accredited too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending