The Student Room Group

How to talk to girls at College?

Im 16 yo male

I go to College in UK and there's loads of girls that are decent. I'd say 70% of them are at least a 6/10. I've never really confronted them because I've been scared of rejection etc. I'm not ugly. I follow some of them on twitter and they follow me back but Ive never even talked to them on twitter also.

How do I start and approach a girl to talk to her. Most of them walk around with their friends? Which is even more awkward.

Since, Ive started going gym to better my appearance and now I look more musclar rather than fat. I dress well in college, I wear nice clothes etc.

But i don't know how to approach girls at college

Any tips?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Im 16 yo male

I go to College in UK and there's loads of girls that are decent. I'd say 70% of them are at least a 6/10. I've never really confronted them because I've been scared of rejection etc. I'm not ugly. I follow some of them on twitter and they follow me back but Ive never even talked to them on twitter also.

How do I start and approach a girl to talk to her. Most of them walk around with their friends? Which is even more awkward.

Since, Ive started going gym to better my appearance and now I look more musclar rather than fat. I dress well in college, I wear nice clothes etc.

But i don't know how to approach girls at college

Any tips?

Well if you came up to me, I would prefer if you were calm and sweet, you drew attention to yourself but not on purpose, and I would I prefer if the guy smiles and greets well.
That's how all the 16/17 year olds in my college come up to me and I love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyyyy I'm a 16 yo female and go to college in the UK too. What college are you at?

Just be confident and be swag. Go and say hi and start a basic convo...Make sure to smile but not too much only a slight smile lol.
Reply 3
Original post by Norin
Well if you came up to me, I would prefer if you were calm and sweet, you drew attention to yourself but not on purpose, and I would I prefer if the guy smiles and greets well.
That's how all the 16/17 year olds in my college come up to me and I love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you get confronted by boys alot? When you do, are you with your friends? Or alone
Is there anything you hate when boys approach you?

Original post by KittyRe-play
Heyyyy I'm a 16 yo female and go to college in the UK too. What college are you at?

Just be confident and be swag. Go and say hi and start a basic convo...Make sure to smile but not too much only a slight smile lol.

I live in Essex:smile: what about you?
And thanks. Should I talk to a girl when she's with her friends?
Reply 4
Do you get confronted by boys alot? When you do, are you with your friends? Or alone
Is there anything you hate when boys approach you?

When I first started I had loads coming at me, now just a couple. Sometimes I am with my friends, mostly I am alone. I hate when they take forever to say something, such as uuuummmmm........hi so yeah, that annoys me just let it all out or it will bore me, also most guys look at their feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Join clubs and societies, less chance of getting rejected that way, more chance of "clicking" with someone. If you can't... get back to work and don't think about it.
Reply 6
Original post by Norin
When I first started I had loads coming at me, now just a couple. Sometimes I am with my friends, mostly I am alone. I hate when they take forever to say something, such as uuuummmmm........hi so yeah, that annoys me just let it all out or it will bore me, also most guys look at their feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did any ask you for your number?
Is taking to a girl on facebook or twitter a wise?
Thanks for the advice!
Reply 7
Original post by shawn_o1
Join clubs and societies, less chance of getting rejected that way, more chance of "clicking" with someone. If you can't... get back to work and don't think about it.

What do you mean clubs or societies?
Reply 8
Looking at this thread I'm really glad I'm not 16.
Reply 9
Did any ask you for your number?
Is taking to a girl on facebook or twitter a wise?
Thanks for the advice!

Yes loads did. Well the talk to me on facebook and I don't mind, the conversations are short which helps keeps a nice friendship.
No problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by bluemax
Looking at this thread I'm really glad I'm not 16.

Lol, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just the way the kid wrote "I've never spoken to them, they're like 6/10. I dress up nicely too" The last bit made me :rofl:

Anyway I guess that is the age of exasperation for many guys. They eventually learn there is more it than dressing up nicely and rating them on a scale to 10. However, at that age it's not really easy to approach girls so I'll give him that. As someone wrote on TSR a couple of years ago (when I was probably 17) it gets easier for guys with time. Man, that person knew a lot.
Its sad to see that this is the next generation of Presidents, Scientists, Teachers, Businessmen etc...
Original post by Enoxial
Its sad to see that this is the next generation of Presidents, Scientists, Teachers, Businessmen etc...

Why be mean?
Why be mean?

Why not grow a pair?

Spoiler

Aren't you a Muslim?
Original post by StrangeBanana
Aren't you a Muslim?

There's a whole lot of Muslims nowadays with different beliefs on how restrictive their religion should be. I know a few Muslim girls that date and have boyfriends, but find fornication to be a sin. You can argue that they're not following their religion correctly - But no one does. Not fully.
Original post by High Stakes
There's a whole lot of Muslims nowadays with different beliefs on how restrictive their religion should be. I know a few Muslim girls that date and have boyfriends, but find fornication to be a sin. You can argue that they're not following their religion correctly - But no one does. Not fully.

It's not a question of following her religion correctly, it's a question of hypocrisy:

DATING is haraam.
Original post by StrangeBanana
It's not a question of following her religion correctly, it's a question of hypocrisy:

Oh I didn't see her post that. Lol.
Original post by Enoxial

Unlikely. Most of these are probably manual labourers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending