Reply 1
Reply 2
647... is that good or just average?
Reply 5
565 :frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 6
Reply 7
is that good or just average?

Well its average, but above mine :wink: lol Average would be between 500 and 700, right?
Reply 8
Purple_Oranges
is that good or just average?

Maybe the UKCAT website Results FAQ might help...

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/home/faqs/results/interpreting-exam-scores.htm

How do I interpret my UKCAT score?

The UKCAT examination was developed to assess the skills and abilities deemed to be important by UK medical and dental schools. The UKCAT examination is only one part of the admission process, however, and the details of that admission process necessarily vary from university to university.

The examination consists of four subtests that assess logical reasoning and decision-making skills:

The Verbal Reasoning subtest assesses the ability to think logically about information that is presented in written form.

The Quantitative Reasoning subtest assesses a candidate’s ability to think logically when presented with numerical information.

The Abstract Reasoning subtest assesses a candidate’s ability to infer relationships from information that is presented non-verbally and non-numerically.

In the Decision Analysis subtest, a candidate demonstrates the ability to make decisions and judgments based on complex information and scenarios.

Subtest Scores

For purposes of presenting and interpreting scores on each of the UKCAT subtests, a reference (or comparison) group of candidates was defined. The reference group consists of the candidates who sat the UKCAT examination during the first few months of 2006. The scores of all candidates who take the UKCAT examination are placed on a common scale and compared to the scores of this initial reference group. This allows schools to evaluate candidates against each other within a single year and to compare candidate performance from year to year.

Scores on each of the four UKCAT subtests range from a low of 300 to a high of 900. Most people who take the test score between 500 and 700. In fact, the average score of the reference (or comparison) group for each subtest is 600. Thus, scores that fall between 500 and 700 can be interpreted as being “average” in the sense that they are the most common scores obtained by candidates in the reference group. A score above 700 can be said to be a high score, reflecting performance on the subtest that is better than that of most of the people who take the UKCAT examination. Similarly, a score below 500 can be said to be a low score, reflecting performance on the subtest that is worse than that of most of the people who take the UKCAT. While a candidate would not be expected to obtain exactly the same score on a subsequent administration of the exam, any variation in test scores would likely be small. In that case, an interpretation of the score as being “better than most of the people” who take the UKCAT exam is a fair and accurate interpretation of candidate performance.

but worth NB-ing another answer perhaps...

How do the UKCAT-participating universities use the results?

How the UKCAT-participating universities use the results varies from university to university.

The only point on which it is possible to generalise is that every UKCAT-participating university uses the UKCAT result as part of a well-rounded admissions policy in which several other factors, including your GCSE and A-level examinations, also carry considerable weight, along with the personal statement and school/college report on your UCAS form, and interviews, if applicable.

672.5 for me :smile:
Reply 10
LouisaG
672.5 for me :smile:

omg omg omg

we got the same
Vazzyb
omg omg omg

we got the same

Hehe, I noticed :p:

We got different subtest scores, though. (I got 650, 700, 720, 620.)
Reply 12
mine were quite inconsistent. 800 and 710. And then 600 and 580.
i got 655 :smile:
Reply 15
505...I know Im not the cleverest person applying but hey Ill suceed in the end:smile:
Reply 16
Reply 17
Reply 18
665, but my actually marks were really inconsistant too
697.5 = [570, 670, 680, 870]

Latest

Trending

Trending