The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York offer holders (2015) :-)

Hey guys! Congratulations on your offers for York, or if you're still waiting for your offer/decision, I'm rooting for you. c:
Last night I received an offer (AAA) for English which I'm really pleased about!

It'd be ace to get to know some of you. :-)

Feel free to post anything here.

Connect to University of York here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations on your offer! I have also applied to York for English but am still waiting for a reply
If you don't mind me asking...how soon after your application was this offer?
And what are your achieved and predicted grades?? Thanks
University of York
York
Original post by Dolores_Lewis
Congratulations on your offer! I have also applied to York for English but am still waiting for a reply
If you don't mind me asking...how soon after your application was this offer?
And what are your achieved and predicted grades?? Thanks

Thank you! :smile: I believe I applied on the 8th.

Achieved: AAB (My A in English Lit was an A2 grade as I decided to do move sixth form and re-do courses after achieving an A at AS but wanting to get higher grades in my other subjects (it was worth it!).

Predicted AAA

What about yourself?
I applied about a week ago (and am constantly checking my ucas) so it is interesting to see what someone else's waiting period was!

My results so far are AAA at AS and same for predicted A2
Original post by Dolores_Lewis
I applied about a week ago (and am constantly checking my ucas) so it is interesting to see what someone else's waiting period was!

My results so far are AAA at AS and same for predicted A2

Well done on your results. Regarding the constant checking thing, I can totally relate. Best of luck!
Got an offer for English today ^^
How long did you have to wait?
I sent mine off last Monday, so nine days. :smile:
Congratulations! I'm still on Day 8 of waiting so...hopefully...
Reply 9
Just got an offer for English - AAA!!
Original post by MicahMackay
Just got an offer for English - AAA!!

Woo! Well done! :-)
Reply 11
Just had an offer for economics - AAA after 10 days
Reply 12
Had an AAB offer for Philosophy last week, so happy :biggrin: Predicted A*AA :eek: cos I'm applying to cambridge
Reply 13
Congrats to those of you who've already received offers!
I've applied for Joint Hons English and History... has anyone else? If so, have any of you got offers yet?

(I see most of you have given your grades so here goes... I already have an A* from "fast track" Spanish + am predicted A*A* and an A in my 4th subject (with AAAB at AS)... tbh York wasn't the one I was most worried about given my grades but, now that I know so many of you guys already hold offers and I've been waiting for 17 days, I'm kind of concerned!)
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of York connect/stalking page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Reply 15
Original post by samalexhuntley
Woo! Well done! :-)

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 16
received an offer from York the other day in History&Philosophy! soooo glad to have the offer
So many York English people! I received an AAA English offer on the 23rd, with AAAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A*A* :smile:
Got an offer for Politics with IR today, AAB, applied on the 14th Oct
Reply 19
Original post by Mitzybat
Congrats to those of you who've already received offers!
I've applied for Joint Hons English and History... has anyone else? If so, have any of you got offers yet?

(I see most of you have given your grades so here goes... I already have an A* from "fast track" Spanish + am predicted A*A* and an A in my 4th subject (with AAAB at AS)... tbh York wasn't the one I was most worried about given my grades but, now that I know so many of you guys already hold offers and I've been waiting for 17 days, I'm kind of concerned!)

Applied for English and History 2 weeks ago and still nothing :frown: had offers from 3 other unis but really want York! Fingers crossed, can't help but check every day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending