The Student Room Group

Birmingham, Southampton, York or Sheffield for law?

I am applying to study law (LLB) now, and currently stuck between these 4 universities? Which one should I choose?
Birmingham imo
Original post by strawberrymoon
I am applying to study law (LLB) now, and currently stuck between these 4 universities? Which one should I choose?

Bit late so sorry 😔 I applied for both Southampton and York as I wanted 2 Russel groups!
York has a different style of teaching, so definitely something to look into before accepting
Original post by Agnes8293747
Bit late so sorry 😔 I applied for both Southampton and York as I wanted 2 Russel groups!

Me too! I ended up applying for these two as well.
Me too! I ended up applying for these two as well.

Oh nice!! Have you got any offers from them?
Reply 6

Have you made up your mind yet? x

Ive applied to Southampton and York and am struggling between the two!
Original post by gxmma
Have you made up your mind yet? x

Ive applied to Southampton and York and am struggling between the two!

same! i ended up applying to these two as well. i prefer the location of Southampton better but York looks pretty good too... so still struggling at the moment
Original post by Agnes8293747
Oh nice!! Have you got any offers from them?

yes! wbu?
yes! wbu?

York is taking too long so still waiting on York ☹️ Southampton gave me a conditional offer for AAA! Did you get an offer from York?
Reply 10

I got an other from Birmingham and Sheffield, just waiting to see what they're like on the offer holder days.

Hi!

My name is Ellie and I am a 3rd year English Language and Linguistics student here at the university of Sheffield. Obviously I am unfortunately unable to talk about the course specifics but I am happy to talk about my experience here at the University if you have any questions? You can also talk to some of our current law students on our online ambassador platform here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat

Good luck with everything! 🙂

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
Reply 12
same! i ended up applying to these two as well. i prefer the location of Southampton better but York looks pretty good too... so still struggling at the moment

York is much prettier but Southampton is a little closer to me so I get it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending