The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Best Hall for Postgraduate students! Woolmanhill? Garthdee?

Hi guys,

I'm highly considering going to RGU to study a master's degree (1 year). However I don't know which Hall would be best for me.

I've heard Woolmanhill is the one where you can best socialize (I'm a 26yrs old postgrad though) and Garthdee is the closest to Uni but very small.

Can anyone give me a piece of advice? I'm afraid the Postgrad students will be too serious for me, I like to have fun AND study but maybe the Undergrad students will already have their "groups of friends" so I won't be able to catch up to that.
Reply 1
Hello there! I'm going there for postgrad course too... Which stream are you in? And garthdee is difficult to get. I will b applying for accommodation next week..will get my CAS till then... So I'm thinking of woolman hill as it is closest to city center :-)
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Woolmanhill is certainly the most sociable, though I've not actually come across any postgrads there. Rosemount had none last year - as far as I'm aware, most post grads either live in the round/square tower on campus or find a place in the private sector. I have a postgrad moving in with me after Christmas as one example!

Have you tried looking at letting agents/gumtree or are you entirely set on staying in halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by peedie pixie
Woolmanhill is certainly the most sociable, though I've not actually come across any postgrads there. Rosemount had none last year - as far as I'm aware, most post grads either live in the round/square tower on campus or find a place in the private sector. I have a postgrad moving in with me after Christmas as one example!

Have you tried looking at letting agents/gumtree or are you entirely set on staying in halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

but is it easy to find accommodation in garthdee towers? .
Original post by coolcat10
but is it easy to find accommodation in garthdee towers? .

Having never applied for there I can't give you a sure answer, but I would guess they keep some rooms aside for the January intake of people. Though of course the amount of people applying for post grad will outweigh that! Have you tried speaking to accommodation services to see what they recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Having never applied for there I can't give you a sure answer, but I would guess they keep some rooms aside for the January intake of people. Though of course the amount of people applying for post grad will outweigh that! Have you tried speaking to accommodation services to see what they recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are asking for like six accommodation options. They said they will try their best but can't guarantee...I will be applying for accomodation tomorrow...which course are you doing at rgu?
They are asking for like six accommodation options. They said they will try their best but can't guarantee...I will be applying for accomodation tomorrow...which course are you doing at rgu?

In second year doing International Tourism Management :smile: One thing I'd recommend with accommodation is to choose en-suite if at all possible. I had one last year and it was basically the best thing ever :tongue:
Reply 7
In second year doing International Tourism Management :smile: One thing I'd recommend with accommodation is to choose en-suite if at all possible. I had one last year and it was basically the best thing ever :tongue:

Yeah I will b opting en-suited one.. Thank you for the suggestion :-) and its nice meeting you! :-D Do you still stay in university's accommodation?
Yeah I will b opting en-suited one.. Thank you for the suggestion :-) and its nice meeting you! :-D Do you still stay in university's accommodation?

Nah, they reserve their accommodation for people going into their first year at RGU. I rent a flat instead :smile:
Reply 9
Nah, they reserve their accommodation for people going into their first year at RGU. I rent a flat instead :smile:

Nice :-)

Quick Reply

Latest