The Student Room Group

I got with my GF in a strange way.

I've been with my girlfriend for over a year now, we're in a happy healthy relationship and I love her.

I've always thought our relationship begun in a strange way, and I'm posting this to see whether you agree.

So, we'd been really good friends for about two years before we got together. In that time, she had been in two fairly serious relationships. She would often come to me for advice, as a guy friend I could offer her advice that perhaps her girl friends couldn't. For instance, she'd often ask me what gifts to get for her then boyfriend's birthday. We'd even compare sex stories every so often, which makes me feel a little bit sick now, lol. We were just really good friends.
Anyway, one day she rang me crying and asked if I could take her to a doctors. When I picked her up she told me that her boyfriend had cheated on her, consequently got an STI (which is why he confessed to cheating on her), and told her that she was at a high risk of catching it too and that she needed to be checked out. (I might add she had broken up with him by this point)
So, I took her to be tested and during the few weeks she was awaiting her results we became really close, we spent practically every minute together as she was so upset. I took her to the cinema and out for meals to get her mind of things. Unaware that chemistry started to grow between us and we became closer and closer.
She finally got her results and was clear. In moments of joy, happiness and relief we kissed, which developed into making out. Before we knew it we had slept together.
A couple of weeks past where we had sort of become friends with benefits. It was great.
Eventually we decided to be in a relationship, and have been ever since.

When I think about it, our relationship blossomed from an odd series of events.
Does anyone else think this is strange?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Which was........?
I'm confused.... What is this thread even about?
Reply 3
Lol, I posted this thread by accident without finishing it. My bad. Won't take me long to edit it, bare with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its not strange. Its a blessing.
Reply 5
Blessing
not really
so do you want our help?
Haha the one guy that never got friend zoned!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is this even strange?
I was expecting something way different OP..
Normal.

Please carry on with your life :smile:
Why does it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending