The Student Room Group

Applying to other unis.. while at uni?

Long story short is that I'm at the uni of Bristol and because of family circumstances it would be extremely ideal for me to move back to Birmingham, but they will not take me onto 2nd year study.

A-level grade requirements have gone up this year for entry

If I apply to Birmingham this year, to study in september 2015, would my first year results be taken into account? Or would they only look at A-levels so I'd have to redo them?

How would I be able to put my first year results or whatever on UCAS?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheBBQ
Long story short is that I'm at the uni of Bristol and because of family circumstances it would be extremely ideal for me to move back to Birmingham, but they will not take me onto 2nd year study.

A-level grade requirements have gone up this year for entry

If I apply to Birmingham this year, to study in september 2015, would my first year results be taken into account? Or would they only look at A-levels?

How would I be able to put my first year results or whatever on UCAS?

I'm in the same boat at Bristol uni too. I asked my personal tutor and she said that I would have to apply like I was a first timer again. Even when I tried to add Bristol on the education tab it wouldn't come up, only UWE. I'm trying to figure out whether or not we have to rewrite the personal statement though. Are you sure your grades aren't good good enough? If worst comes to the worst I guess you might be able to email them the grades from January exams after we take them... or I think there's a tab saying other information or something like that and I'm sure you can explain the situation there and that it will be taken into account.
Try and do really well in your first year, they are taken into account.

If you get a good percentage this will (almost definitely) be treated as the most important indicator of your university potential.

As long as you meet the GCSE requirements you have a very good chance (as long as your A Levels are not a million miles off and your first year percentage is high enough).

Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by DanBGreifer
I'm in the same boat at Bristol uni too. I asked my personal tutor and she said that I would have to apply like I was a first timer again. Even when I tried to add Bristol on the education tab it wouldn't come up, only UWE. I'm trying to figure out whether or not we have to rewrite the personal statement though. Are you sure your grades aren't good good enough? If worst comes to the worst I guess you might be able to email them the grades from January exams after we take them... or I think there's a tab saying other information or something like that and I'm sure you can explain the situation there and that it will be taken into account.

I got ABB at A-level and they want A*AA :redface:

The grades for Bristol this year have gone up to AAA anyway.

Original post by Comeback
Try and do really well in your first year, they are taken into account.

If you get a good percentage this will (almost definitely) be treated as the most important indicator of your university potential.

As long as you meet the GCSE requirements you have a very good chance (as long as your A Levels are not a million miles off and your first year percentage is high enough).

Good luck :smile:

I will be aiming for a 1st/2:1

My A-level grades are 1 off each :tongue: but I have the GCSE requirements.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending