The Student Room Group

Have I made a mistake? Embarassing situation!

So I approached an attractive girl with her friend today at the uni Cafe. I made my intentions known pretty early, and we had a conversation - well I say conversation it was really a monologue on my part. To cut to the chase she mentioned she had a boyfriend. Now I see this girl fairly regularly hence why I approached her, and now I just feel really awkward! Did I do something wrong?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I approached an attractive girl with her friend today at the uni Cafe. I made my intentions known pretty early, and we had a conversation - well I say conversation it was really a monologue on my part. To cut to the chase she mentioned she had a boyfriend. Now I see this girl fairly regularly hence why I approached her, and now I just feel really awkward! Did I do something wrong?

You didn't do one thing wrong, you went, you tried, you got "rejected", it's awkward, now you learnt. Now you know what "would have happened if you approached her".

So do it again but to another girl, you're living life, only a matter of time until you actually find the right one.

If this was easy everyone would do it.
You shouldn't feel awkward about it. She'll obviously feel flattered about it but you should try and act like it didn't happen when you see her again.
Reply 3
Original post by Matthcw
You didn't do one thing wrong, you went, you tried, you got "rejected", it's awkward, now you learnt. Now you know what "would have happened if you approached her".

So do it again but to another girl, you're living life, only a matter of time until you actually find the right one.

If this was easy everyone would do it.

Thanks much appreciated, it's just so awkward I felt mega nervous, I'm glad I did it just do up know what her reaction will be next time I see jer
Reply 4
Original post by lightbulbflash
You shouldn't feel awkward about it. She'll obviously feel flattered about it but you should try and act like it didn't happen when you see her again.

Thank you. Do you think it's something I should maybe try again in the future with another girl I like sometime down the line, or do you think it's just weird?
Reply 5

Well, I'd say probably that's where you went wrong. How long did this "conversation" last for?
Reply 6
Original post by Another
Well, I'd say probably that's where you went wrong. How long did this "conversation" last for?

Id say around five minutes, I could tell very early on she wasn't interested, but it was impossible almost for me to pull out once I'd committed.
Thank you. Do you think it's something I should maybe try again in the future with another girl I like sometime down the line, or do you think it's just weird?

Yeah you can do - maybe just don't be too forward and be a little more casual. After all, this is only one girl that you have tried speaking too and it is likely that she does actually have a boyfriend. There are a gazzilion other females on the planet :smile:
Get to know girls as a friend, don't go straight in there. Seriously it's worked for me tonnes off times, and I have great mates to show for it.
Reply 9

It'll be forgotten sooner or later darling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending