The Student Room Group

What does retaking A levels mean?

Sorry that the title doesn't make sense, but I am curious as to know what the universities refer to ' studied over two year period' means?
In my case, I was taking maths, chemistry, biology and further maths. But I hated f.maths and my biology teacher didn't even bother teaching us properly, such that no one got an A.
Anyhow, I am doing A2 Maths and Chemistry rn. And I have undertaken two new courses, AS Law and AS Business.
I am planning to stay in the college for a further year, such that I leave college at 19.
Does this count as more than two years of study, considering that technically I spent 2 years in each courses?
Reply 1
Yeah that's over 2 years studying. Are you planning on applying for uni? A lot of courses don't really mind as long as you get the grades in the end. Having said that, there are some courses like dentistry and medicine, and some unis that won't accept candidates that have achieved there a levels in over two years (unless there are extenuating circumstances to do with law or a medical reason)

Quick Reply

Latest