The Student Room Group

Okay so there are a number of issues.

Firstly I made my application o university via clearing.

All information required by SFE was issued on the 05/09, most importantly this included my Decleration.

it then took 5 weeks to be informed that I needed to resubmit under a previous account (when I was told the two accounts would be merged under my new account) this took a week.

Payment was scheduled for today. 23/10 I have now been told that this will take another 3-5 working days for them to recieve my declaration (already submitted as of the 05/09!) and then 7-10 working days to process the payment from there.

I am financially independent of family, as I am a single mature student. I am also diabetic and coeliac meaning I am disabled and have a higher cost of living. I have been waiting for this payments to be made since I was first promised that full entitlement was to be made for the special support grant as of 03/10. This is now 20 days later and they are still dragging out payments and I have rent amount other bills due very soon.

this seems like a stupidly unfair and unrealistic payment schedule and time frame.

what are my options for dealing with this. As I am struggling with high levels of depression and anxiety as is, and have been massively escalated since SFE have completely failed at their job.

what options are there to deal with them. I feel I need to be seeking legal advice on this matter as this under government regulations would fit the scope for harassment and discrimination of my disabilities. I am stuggling to keep myself going and need answers.

Complaints have been filed via the complaints service and to the board of directors, yet I have had no answers or any positive action made on my account.

thanks for your time
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having such trouble trying to arrange your payments, it certainly shouldn't have taken so long and caused you so much stress.

Was the complaint raised over the phone? If so you should receive an acknowledgement of the complaint within 5 working days of the complaint being submitted, and a full resolution will be reached within 15 working days.

I understand you need a payment as soon as possible, as I am unable to access your account, it is perhaps worth giving us another call on 0300 100 0607 and explaining the situation to an advisor to see if there's any other way we can speed things up while the complaints team are working on it.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending